Rip Movie Collection

Options
Irrenhaus
Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
Hi all,

So recently I started to rip my Blu-ray and DVD collection. I am using VideoSolo software and storing into a NAS. For player I am using PLEX on a Roku Ultra 4K.

My question is even know I am keeping the DTS track the Roku only outputs Dolby Digital.

The Roku is set to play DD and DTS on the HDMI and S/PDIF output.

Any recommendations on what I may be doing wrong?

Cheers

HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,430
    Options
    How do you know its DD? Where are are you seeing this?
    In Plex with the film playing, are you able to choose the DTS track?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Irrenhaus
    Options
    Hi msg,

I can see it on the AVR when the movies starts it will switch from stereo to DD. I can't do it on the PLEX player.
    HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • msg
    Options
    Okay.
    There's usually an option within a playing title in Plex to chose different embedded playback options, like audio, for example - stereo, 5.1, DTS, etc., different stream quality or different subtitles. Let me see if I can find an example. I'm using Plex on Roku, as well. Just trying to figure out whether Plex/Roku can see different audio options in your titles in order to try to determine which side this is on.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    Try this...
    Browse into your title.
    Go to Settings > Streams > Audio.

Which options do you see for available audio streams? I only have Stereo or 5.1 for this title as an example.

yfcxcm2s43gk.jpg
    b77f148twhkf.jpg
    45e5c2kfp3xb.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • Irrenhaus
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Try this...
    Browse into your title.
    Go to Settings > Streams > Audio.

Which options do you see for available audio streams? I only have Stereo or 5.1 for this title as an example.

yfcxcm2s43gk.jpg
    b77f148twhkf.jpg
    45e5c2kfp3xb.jpg

Hi Sorry for the late reply. On the settings I do have DTS and also the option to allow DTS-HD but the AVR still does DD. Weird, thinking maybe do a factory reset on the AVR.

6chvriworrs8.jpg

kic3aphfh36b.jpg

Cheers