Simple, cheap Bluetooth adaptor?

mhardy6647
mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
edited April 2020 in Going Digital
As usual, I struggle to ask the right question, but I'm gonna take a crack at it.
It would be nice to be able to get certain audio content into the little, old Yamaha stereo receiver located in our den. I am pretty sure that Bluetooth receivers with regular old unbalanced two-channel (RCA) analog outputs exist, but I'd be afraid to buy one for fear of selecting a turkey! :(

Not looking for an audiophile solution, just one that will work and not be a waste of money!

One other question I have -- are any of these gizmos battery powered? I would rather not add a wire (power supply) to get wireless input, you know? Too ironic. ;)

Thanks!

(PS This is largely for Mrs. H's benefit, just to be clear)

11479977995_21bc24d690_c.jpgDSC_7484_ by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    But that Yamaha has it's own AC plugs on the back so go wired not battery!
  • mhardy6647
    Clipdat wrote: »
    But that Yamaha has it's own AC plugs on the back so go wired not battery!

Yeah, plus as someone else pointed out, there'll be two wires 'twixt the gizmo and the receiver. :p

So... any suggestions?
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited April 2020
    i'll send you one if you want. It's sitting on a shelf somewhere. NOT battery powered.

From one Mark to another, ya know. ;)

Let me check when i get home tonight.

It looks like this. Tiny.
    77xsc7tyvqy2.jpg
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mhardy6647
    edited April 2020
    Well -- it could certainly come visit my house for a few years, as other components from your collection have. ahem.

In all seriousness, that's the kind of gizmo I was curious about, and that'd be cool if and when the opportunity presented itself. No hurry.

PS I think I mentioned in some post recently what sort of got me goin' on this -- I've been using that infamous Monoprice hybrid thingy and its onboard BT to listen to the audio portion of Zoom videoconferences via a pair of Fostex FE207E fullrangers :p

It beats running a pair of wires across the floor (which is what we did for 'church' on Easter Sunday!).

• mrbiron
    Oh, i'm not expecting this child back.
    You can claim it on your 2020 taxes...
  • mrbiron
    Found it. Give me a day or two to find a box and I’ll send it to you, if you want?

;)

vi9zoe6v9wwf.jpeg
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    Those things work pretty well. I used the IOGEAR Tunetap version in my early days before I got my first Squeezebox. Great way to bring mobile streaming to earlier receivers and integrateds.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    absitively! You know me! I need more stuffs here. :|
    In all seriousness; thanks -- this will be a good opportunity to try hybridizing that "home theater" receiver in the den.

No hurry -- it's not like I'm goin' anywhere... ;)
  • gyosa
    gyosa Posts: 675
    edited May 2020
    This would do EVEN more than you need ....

Better than just a Bluetooth module ....
    Airplay , TIDAL .....
    Cuz , let’s face it , Bluetooth sound quality isn’t the best ....

Is 70 bucks cheap enough

Bk

https://www.amazon.com/KEiiD-Bluetooth-Wireless-Receiver-Subwoofer/dp/B07WWNQJQK/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=Keiid&qid=1588367060&sr=8-8
    Post edited by gyosa on
    Parasound A21 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Yamaha wxc-50 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

PS Audio Stellar S300 , Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

Cambridge Audio 851n - sitting in the closet , for now

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO

DAYENS AMPINO ( thanks Verb ! ) , KEiiD streamer ( this was only 60 bucks ?? ) , Polk atrium 8SDi’s - KID’s BEDROOM
  • mcphatty00
    mcphatty00 Posts: 47
    Belkin Songstream HD is nice. I think it's a little outdated, but it has both optical and digital coax outs. $40-50 on eBay.

Rocketfish has one, but only with an optical.
  • Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    I got this one recently and is working very good.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F6ZP5WF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got mine from Amazon Warehouse for only $89.00

Cheers
    HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    I was wondering what that was, Rey, in one of your systems photos. Couldn't quite make out the badge. Reminiscent of similar design by Audioengine. Cool.
    I disabled signatures.