Grill cloth colors for rebuild

Options
Anybody use another color than black when recovering their speaker grills? I have a pair of SDA 2s that I’m thinking beige would look good.

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,792
    Options
    No, it wouldn't.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ElmerKTM
    ElmerKTM Posts: 8
    Options
    Is that opinion based on traditionalism or actually having seen a different colored grill fabric on a set of Polk SDA or Monitor series? I think the lambs wool grills on Klipsch Forte 4s is nice looking. I have had, and do have many sets of speakers all with black cloth. Black does minimalize the room-presence and a lighter color may make them more prominent and noticeable. May have to play with some Photoshop images.
  • F1nut
    Options
    It's based on having an eye for what looks good or bad.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Options
    Bad, very bad.
    0dqvsxs5f3hk.jpg

President of Club Polk

• ElmerKTM
    ElmerKTM Posts: 8
    Options
    Have to agree with that one. Don’t think I could live with that.
  • Sound_Recluse
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Bad, very bad.
    0dqvsxs5f3hk.jpg

That's pretty awesome!!! I want to do mine
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 725
    Options
    How about tiger print silk, and while you're at it play Joe Exotic "Here Kitty Kitty" on your SDAs ;):D
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 725
    Options
    You guys know I was only kidding right!?? :D
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • Sound_Recluse
    Options
    Yes I'm kidding too. That looks awful
  • hytekrednek
    hytekrednek Posts: 125
    Options
    I like the old school twill looking grills. Need to recover mine soon. Not sure what I will do. I plan to get samples first so I can decide based on having materials in hand
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,181
    Options
    Putting aside the color for now, I like the twill looking ones too, appearance wise. They cut out too much SQ for me to leave them on, except if company will be in the room, especially with kids.

I think an upgrade from the OEM Polk grill cloths would be something more sheer or transparent to audio.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    You should try paisley 😜
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus