TSi series with LSiM 704?

Hi verEyone. I had my Polk's since 2014, and looking to updgrade. I currently have TSi400, CS10 and PSW10. Denon AVR X2500. I am considering staying with Polk. If I do, I would want one the better CC. Has anyone used/heard the LSiM 704 with the TSi series? thanks.

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    edited April 2020
    Very different tweeter. Perhaps look for a used csi5 or csi a6. If you’re patient you should be able to find one for $15 or less...like this:

https://www.ebay.com/p/69612938
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    "$15 or less" I will take all you got.
  • rooftop59 wrote: »
    Very different tweeter. Perhaps look for a used csi5 or csi a6. If you’re patient you should be able to find one for $15 or less...like this:

https://www.ebay.com/p/69612938

Thanks. Are you suggesting it wont sound good? Not looking for the csi CC.
  • afterburnt
    I liked the csi with my monitor 70s I did run a the csi with 707s and it was not as good of a match not awful though.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    CS20 is the logical upgrade to what you own. You shouldn't mix and match the front sound stage . You can get away with that for surrounds Atmos and Surround backs but not the center channel
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • mantis wrote: »
    CS20 is the logical upgrade to what you own. You shouldn't mix and match the front sound stage . You can get away with that for surrounds Atmos and Surround backs but not the center channel

I generally agree. But I dont want to spend the money for the LSiM towers. Would signature or rtiA series be a better match?
  • afterburnt
    @mchief117 That CS10 is the match for your 400's (same drivers. The CS100 happened to be the fist Polk speaker that I owned and I was pretty happy with it but it didn't match my Monitor 70's when I got them so I "upgraded" to the CS20. I am not sure if there was something wrong with the CS20 but it sounded muddled muddy and muffled. I switched back to the CS10 for a minute until I got a CSiA6 and I liked it better than the CS10. Not timber matched but it was so much better than either CS. As Mantis said the CS20 would be a logical step but in my case it was a downgrade.

BTW were you a Nighthawk crew chief or something? If that's classified, nevermind.
  • mchief117 is video game reference from Halo