Help with setup "Polk-TL1700" + "Onkyo TX-SR 393"

Hi,
I have a few questions about setup of "Polk-TL1700" + "Onkyo TX-SR 393".
Room size is about 4m x 4m.

1.Cable of my farest suround speaker is 12m, for second suround speaker I need 8m.
Q: What thickness of cable do I need ( 1mm, 2mm, 2.50mm ) ???

2.What crossower frequency I need to set in my reciver for TL 1700 ???
-Subwoofer "low pass" is set to full ( 160 )

3.What connection between reciver and tv should I use ( HDMI or Optical ) for best audio quality and do I connect my TV setup box (MaxTV from my T-mobile ISP) directly to Onkyo reciver or directly to TV?
-What is the best option?

4. What about that LFE ? On or Off ? I think that my sistem (subwoofer) not have this thing !?!

5. Thickness of cable what I use now is max.1mm and when I peal it,they are about 0.5 or even less and I bearly have sound from it so I guess I have too thin cables for 12m and 8m of my surround speakers!!!

That's about it from my questions and I will be grateful if someone help me to adjust everything right ;)

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,781
    1. In North America generic speaker cable is measured by gauge (AWG) such as 12 gauge, 14 gauge or 16 gauge with the lower number being the larger cable. I'm sure there's a AWG to metric conversion chart online, so take a look.

2. You should be able to find that info in the owners manual. This is the same as the 1700 model you have, https://www.polkaudio.com/products/tl1600

3. HDMI

4. See the owners manual.

5. Speaker levels are set through the calibration program in your AVR. Typically, surround speakers produce ambient sound, so not as loud as the front 3.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Andi
    Andi Posts: 3
    Thanks,
    So I need cable of 12 gauge/aprox 2mm and need to set speaker crossower at 120Hz.
    Recivers manual suggest connection of ALL devices into AV Reciver and then from AV Reciver to TV ( who missing ARC like mine ) with both cable ( HDMI and OPTI ).

What about that LFE ? Not find info or not understand...
  • F1nut
    You will use both HDMI and optical connections.

Your sub doesn't have an LFE connection. Hook it up via one of the methods described in the link.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Andi
    Andi Posts: 3
    Ok thanks... In AV Reciver menus I turned off "LPF of LFE" in crossower section and in "Audio Adjust" section I not find "off" setting, only ("0db", "-10db", "-20db" and "∞db") and I not know what to set here?
    I guess maybe " 0db" ???
  • F1nut
    Sorry, not familiar with your AVR.

President of Club Polk