Krell Evo 505 completed, but now stuck in limbo.

Options
nooshinjohn
nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
edited March 2020 in 2 Channel Audio
Got the call from Krell today that repairs are completed on my SACD player, pending final testing, but those tests will not take place until they are allowed to go back to work. As of closing time today, they will be closed at least three weeks and possibly more.

Somehow I just knew this was going to happen.
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    It's really strange times and things like this really suck. I was lucky to get my Def Tech amp back just in time. Maybe someone will go in and send it to you.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    mantis wrote: »
    It's really strange times and things like this really suck. I was lucky to get my Def Tech amp back just in time. Maybe someone will go in and send it to you.

They would, but their QC takes a day to complete, then pack and ship. If they get caught opening the doors, it could be a 250k fine...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    3 hours ago, MA announced the closure of non-essential businesses. I have an email in to Nordost to check on the status of my cable re-termination but I have a feeling I will be in the same boat you are, John, with my speaker cables.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • nooshinjohn
    edited March 2020
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    3 hours ago, MA announced the closure of non-essential businesses. I have an email in to Nordost to check on the status of my cable re-termination but I have a feeling I will be in the same boat you are, John, with my speaker cables.

What can you do... just roll with it I guess. Do you need cables?

• ZLTFUL
    Options

What can you do... just roll with it I guess. Do you need cables?

I am good. I picked up a set of Wireworld Luna 7s as a place holder until my Heimdalls got back. Thank you for looking out though.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    Options
    Sounds like we have another victim of the coronavirus.
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    Yeah this is one of those really tough things for business. I had to call a bunch of my customers and let them know we were being forced to shut down and I really don’t know when I’m going to be able to get stuff in.

Thankfully they all completely understood and didn’t rip me a new one. I tried to make it really clear that I would rather be at work making an income, but being “non-essential” made the choice for us.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Important COVID-19 Message:

Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, our state government has mandated that all non-essential businesses in the state of CT shut down as of Monday, March 23rd by 8pm. Therefore, the Krell factory will remain closed until further notice from the office of the Governor.

-Krell Management

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    What?! Audio bliss is essential! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    Got an email from Nordost today stating that they have been allowed to work still in MA. My cables are in the works and should be shipped back to me before the end of the week.

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    Got an email from Nordost today stating that they have been allowed to work still in MA. My cables are in the works and should be shipped back to me before the end of the week.

Lucky Bastage! B)

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options

I got my Pass amp back last week, and the person I was dealing with said they might have to close. Hopefully they can stay open, although some employees might want to be closed. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Just got a FedEx alert saying I needed to be here to sign for a package tomorrow. The tracking number comes from Connecticut. The only thing I have out there pending a delivery is the Krell. Looks like it will be Wednesday before I can go pick it up.

• ZLTFUL
    Options
    My SCs just got back today. There was some confusion at Nordost because they were forced to shut down but they have a few folks going into the office. I really appreciate them getting these back to me. They easily (and rightfully) could have had me wait.

• mantis
    Options
    This whole thing just sucks. Everything you wanna do is an effort.
    Dan
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    All I can say is that is extraordinary customer service, going in to ship like that, given these circumstances. Thumbs up for Krell from me.

• xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    Options
    Congrats man. I'm glad you're able to get your gear.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    Options
    All I can say is that is extraordinary customer service, going in to ship like that, given these circumstances. Thumbs up for Krell from me.

You do know you need to quarantine it for 2 weeks before you open the box.....
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    I sprayed mine down with Lysol, a few spritzes of rubbing alcohol, a soaking in E85, burned it for about 2 hours and it seemed safe after that.

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    I am going to wear latex gloves when opening the box and removing it, then wipe it down with Griot's Best of Show detailer spray.

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    I am going to wear latex gloves when opening the box and removing it, then wipe it down with Griot's Best of Show detailer spray.

Johns it’s just a CD player...not your junk
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    I save the Zymol for my junk... wax on, wax off.... wax on, wax off. :p

• ZLTFUL
    Options
    I favor the Griot’s 3 in 1 leather care for that.

Wait...I thought we were taking about the leather in my Jeep... :s

• mantis
    Options
    I LOVE that stuff. It smells so good. Not to mention the extreme gloss it adds. I have a pretty nice arsenal of Griots Garage stuff. Once this mess settles down I want to pick up their newest DA Buffer. I have a Rotary from back in the day(Dewalt Professional) but I want to try out the DA's everyone is so into these days.
    You should take before and after pic's LOL
    Dan
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    I LOVE that stuff. It smells so good. Not to mention the extreme gloss it adds. I have a pretty nice arsenal of Griots Garage stuff. Once this mess settles down I want to pick up their newest DA Buffer. I have a Rotary from back in the day(Dewalt Professional) but I want to try out the DA's everyone is so into these days.
    You should take before and after pic's LOL

You should specify your talking about the KRELL and not HIS JUNK lol
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Now it's stuck in my trunk until the wife goes to work tomorrow. :p

• nooshinjohn
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I managed to sneak it in the house and get it set up. I have a couple hundred hours to go before I can evaluate it properly, but that will take some time... They replaced the laser head and jitter module. So far it does exactly what it should do and reads everything I put in.

• honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    Options
    Ju sneaky fargon bastage!