Just learned about the Curb side pickup at Best Buy

Options
mantis
mantis Posts: 17,057
So I've been wanting to go get Star Wars Raise of Skywalker since it's been released. So I have a Best Buy account and went online to have it shipped and they are doing Curb side pickups which take about an hour to complete.
Thats cool Now I can watch this damn movies and learn about the volume drop. I'm real curious about this issue.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,939
    Options
    Yup... a lot of retailers are going to learn new tricks to get through this period. Best Buy was already a great option for pick up in store if you didn’t want to wait for Amazon to deliver something, and their pricing has been aggressive.

You could collect purchases within an hour or two, or wait for free two day shipping, no paid Prime membership required. Now, seemingly, it’s curbside instead of inside. Even better! 👍

Everyone thought that Best Buy, formerly a fond favorite for every geek, was going the way of Sears. Then Hubert Joly, took over as CEO of the struggling retailer in 2012. Joly launched his “Renew Blue” initiative. Market analysts thought it was all a lost cause, and Jim Cramer openly mocked Joly on CNBC. A year later, the results were improving quarter after quarter, the stock price tripled, and those same analysts were scrambling to upgrade BBY from a sell rating to buy, upgrading their targets at the same time.

Joly stepped down as CEO last year, and will renounce his position as Executive Chairman later this year, but Best Buy continues to defy the odds.
    Alea jacta est!
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    I just did a BB curbside pickup. Took all of 5-7 minutes.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    Had to get a new microwave last week, and the curbside pickup was pretty smooth.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mantis
    Options
    Yes Very smooth. After my online purchase which I had a $10.00 reward coupon, I got it for $21.19 and they emailed me within 20 minutes. I went to the Store they have a chained off space you pull in, give them your order number and they put it in your trunk. I have a Durango with a Electric lift gate so I didn't even have to get out. I opened the Lift gate, they put my movie in there and then I closed it without even getting up. I spend about 45 seconds there and away I went.

I MUCH rather go inside and shop like in the old days, but if you know exactly what you want and this service is still available it would save a lot of time. Sure shipping would even be better in some cases but if you want IT NOW then this would be a cool service to continue after the MADNESS.
    Dan
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    You guys are lucky. They offered curbside for what was a very short time. Now all the Best Buys on Long Island are closed :(
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,878
    Options
    Bought a new laptop from Canada computers and did the curbside pickup. Makes sense.
  • mantis
    Options
    polrbehr wrote: »
    You guys are lucky. They offered curbside for what was a very short time. Now all the Best Buys on Long Island are closed :(
    Well that sucks, I guess you can still order online and have it deleivered.

Dan
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited April 2020
    Options
    We have BB curbside side in Columbus, OH. Picking up an IPad Pro tomorrow.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Options
    Dicks sporting goods as well is doing this. We purchased a 200+ lb ping pong table for the kids last week. The boys brought it out and loaded it up. Absolutely no contact with us, but it would seem they were working too close to one another.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    We have BB curbside side in Columbus, OH. Picking up an IPad Pro tomorrow.

You will love it. You can sit in your sweet spot, listen to the stereo, and read/reply to audio forums. I have an iPod Mini, and the only issue I have is I can only type with one finger, but a benefit is it keeps replies short.

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,939
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I have the iPad Pro 13” with the Smart Keyboard and wouldn’t go back to a standard tablet. I don’t even need a laptop anymore when I travel, and it’s so much more convenient!

Now I have to decide if I want the new Magic Keyboard with a trackpad, but I think I’ll wait. 🤔

Enjoy it!

P.S. Love Best Buy. Nothing beats their same day pickup, or free shipping with no membership (although the Apple Store offers fast shipping for free, and same day pickup as well, but their selection is more limited than Best Buy, and they don’t often offer discounts).
    Alea jacta est!