To all my Audiophile friends...a BIG shout out!

Options
1nmzyq20vf5s.png

Just a shout out to all my audiophile friends out there on Club Polk. Social distancing was the "in" thing for us, long before today's current trend....unless there was an LP sale. We have been ahead of the curve for decades.

Rock on with yo' bad selves. We have this thing mastered...no pun intended.

Tom
~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Back at ya...
    cuaacyhucrph.jpg
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    I'm just glad this whole thing has kept Russ away...takes days to get the smell out of my listening chair!

:D
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Back at ya...
    cuaacyhucrph.jpg

Jesse, after all of these years of seemingly everyone giving you grief about your thoughts....well, "ex" thoughts on vinyl? I still find it amazing that you are back to your roots.

I realize it took your Dad to get you back but after all of those years....

Glad to see you back in the fold. Snaps, cracks, pops and all. Still never thought I would see the day. Now it looks like you have a better LP rig than I do! (Embarrassing, to say the least).

I hope all is well with you and yours. Rock on bro' and as Bob Carver always says? Enjoy the music.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    Options
    Tom, I've found that the combination of quality records, a RCM, a nice phono pre, a decent table and a nice cartridge helps keep the inherent issues of vinyl to a bare minimum. My earlier days of vinyl were not like this.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I just have a simple manual record cleaner (I forget the name but it's a popular inexpensive choice), Yamaha linear tracker (PX-3) and Denon DL-110 and my experience has been amazing. The only point is it doesn't take mega bucks to have a good crackle snap pop free vinyl experience if you're on the fence about it. And don't buy beat to sh records.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • treitz3
    Options
    Damn. Better than battery powered and you didn't like it?

'Nuff said. Just glad to see that you have evolved. With that said...

Have you evolved enough to bring it into the main rig? I mean, all you have to do is play it DS with the pre and drill up to get the IC's up to....

Tom
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    SACD 4 LIFE !!!

:p:#
  • treitz3
    Options
    pdv9hj6xixa5.png

LOL. SACD is great but....

Tom
  • treitz3
    Options
    The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction

Can you guess who I got that quote from?

Tom
  • F1nut
    Options
    SACD is still great, played a few tonight.

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    Tom, I've found that the combination of quality records, a RCM, a nice phono pre, a decent table and a nice cartridge helps keep the inherent issues of vinyl to a bare minimum. My earlier days of vinyl were not like this.

Now all you need is a SugarCube. ;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    Options

My SACD is still stuck in Connecticut waiting of their governor to let people go back to work.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Josh, I should explain my earlier days. I had a porcupine needle tied with twine to a wooden stick for a tonearm. The platter was stone, which was rotated by foot pedal power and the speaker was a seashell.

Yaba Daba DOOOOO!

• F1nut
    Options

Now all you need is a SugarCube. ;)

Maybe if they get all the bugs worked out.

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    Mine has been pretty good actually. The last update has been really good. If you are using it for just playback, they are glitch free now.

• Nightfall
    Options
    What the heck is Sugar Cube?

• nooshinjohn
    Options

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction

Can you guess who I got that quote from?

Tom

That would be a quote borrowed from one Mr. Ken Swauger.
  • Nightfall
    Options
    Too expensive for me but interesting. How are they removing specific sounds from the audio signal without affecting the rest of the audio around it?

• F1nut
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Too expensive for me but interesting. How are they removing specific sounds from the audio signal without affecting the rest of the audio around it?

Magic

President of Club Polk

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,049
    Options

My SACD is still stuck in Connecticut waiting of their governor to let people go back to work.

It must be sitting at what the state considers a non essential business. This might be a while.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    Thanks Tom :smile:

Back at ya!
    99cjjnxh58s4.jpg
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,032
    Options
    @treitz3: right back atcha

Heck, this 'audiophile fiend friend' has been taking baby steps towards streaming music at the ol' casa.

52n6zjecojt1.png

0or4luu1j3qa.png

I did subsequently click the 'high quality' link :pensive:

Special shout-out to @BlueFox who enabled this, quite a while back, with his amazing Bryston DAC-o-rama Karma! :)

o9m16rtrn0cz.png

Remember:
    INTROVERTS
    Now is the time to check in regularly on your extrovert friends and neighbors!

They have NO IDEA how this works.

B)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    Thank you, same to you as well. I've run into a wiggle of warped records (I suspect they weren't stored properly during a recent move), so I'm using my vinyl flattener. But lots of listening all the same.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,032
    edited April 2020
    Options
    hmm... or, perhaps, a wave of warped records? B)

u9xiza49eapk.png

Some being worse than others, of course.

oymaclq9r6b6.png

• F1nut
    Options
    Ouch!

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    One of the directors in my company has several of those albums doc that were made into bowls pretty cool. A couple of Doobie Brothers and a couple of Alice Cooper's.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    Back at you Tom

dot2p6bru18o.png

Probably unlike most here, my Seat Time has been reduced during this Crisis. My Wife and our Son are both working from home ALL DAY LONG :#

I respect their need for a quiet work environment, but I'll be glad when this Virus finally goes Dormant ;)
  • treitz3
    Options
    Actually Mike, I am in the same boat. The wife and son are home all day now and I can't crank it up all day long anymore. It's a bummer on that aspect but it's great to have the family home all the time.

Case in point....we just got back from a bike ride that we decided to do on a whim. I'm lovin' it!

Tom