The perfect storm kills my company.

2»

Comments

• JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    So sorry. Wishing the best for you.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    When one door closes another will open and it won't be long. Stay positive brother.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Luther, Sorry to hear of this situation. Wishing you the very best in the future and hopes that the situation changes for the better very soon.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Geez WW, brutal. Sorry man.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    I'm really sorry to read that Wardsweb, I hope something just as rewarding opens up for you. You certainly have a good eye for audio, maybe something related?
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,567
    Very sorry to hear this Luther. Hopefully things will get better soon. For everyone effected. Hasn't slowed my work down a bit. If anything I think we are busier. And perhaps the cheap fuel is helping us in a odd way. Cause we have power companies as far away as Oregon and Canada orders from us. That rarely ever.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Very sorry, brother. There are so many aspects to these crises that many of us don't realize.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Luther, like Ken suggested maybe a good time to switch fields.

I can tell you though, if you see any ads for a houseman in Iowa, don't answer, its Russ. ;)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    tonyb wrote: »
    Luther, like Ken suggested maybe a good time to switch fields.

I can tell you though, if you see any ads for a houseman in Iowa, don't answer, its Russ. ;)

I'm well qualified, ya jerk.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    The goats do not agree, no mater how many likes they give you on Yelp.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • phipiper10
    phipiper10 Posts: 955
    Sorry to hear. Best of luck to everyone out there.
    Analog Source: Rega P3-24 Exact 2 w/GT delrin platter & Neo TT-PSU Digital Source: Lumin T2 w/Roon (NUC) DAC: Denafrips Pontus II Phono Preamp: Rega Aria MK3 Preamp: Rogue RP-7 Amp: Pass X150.8 Speakers: Joseph Audio Perspective 2, Audio Physic Tempo Plus Cables: Morrow M4 ICs & Audio Art SC-5 ePlus, Shunyata PCs Misc: Shunyata Hydra Delta D6, VTI rack, GIK acoustic panels
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Very sorry to hear this. Best of luck going forward
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    edited April 2020
    I feel your pain, as one who lost out on the 2008-2010 downturn. I think many will agree that the economy will not just hit a switch all of the sudden and everyone will be back to work. Many aren't spending anything, except for essentials, just in case, me included...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me