SDA 2B Blade/Blade?

JayMX
JayMX Posts: 434
edited March 2020 in Vintage Speakers
I posted today's pickup earlier this evening and it got evaporated by Vanilla somehow... here we go again...

I picked up a kinda ratty pair of 2B's today. Best part was the dude had me pick them up at the back door of a strip club... (not many of those here in Utah... but nothing fun was going on due to Coronavirus.)
But I digress....

Ahem, the SDA’s, they’re fully functioning. Sound great! Just found it curious that they’re blade/blade - thought these were supposed to be pin-blade. They do have the newer style crossovers, so maybe these are a result of leftover parts used during transition from model to model. These will make for a good refurb project during the inevitable lockdown...
icjd512cvos5.jpeg
irdosfhburre.jpeg
46fwrx6injtq.jpeg
w8i51z35wqp9.jpeg
532rav47ilhj.jpeg
Current Collection: Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5B (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7b (Peerless), RTA15TL (SL3000), SDA CRS+ (194’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL, R100's, R200’s, R300 🤩
Pairs that have passed through: Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (3x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (5x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, RTA12c (194's), SDA CRS, SDA 2 (2x pair), SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s) (2x pair)...and more to come, it’s a sickness.

Comments

• JayMX
    And to answer @CH46E 's question in the earlier thread. The silver faces in the background are a Marantz 1030 and a 1060 that are also in my refurbish queue. Along with the Monitor 7B's (getting Mahogany veneer soon) the JBL L33's, Sansui AS-200's, the 3.1TL’s, a Sony TA-2000 preamp, and lots of other stuff that I’m forgetting. Plenty of projects for a long period of shelter-in-place. 👍🏻
    Current Collection: Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5B (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7b (Peerless), RTA15TL (SL3000), SDA CRS+ (194’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL, R100's, R200’s, R300 🤩
    Pairs that have passed through: Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (3x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (5x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, RTA12c (194's), SDA CRS, SDA 2 (2x pair), SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s) (2x pair)...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Some early 2B's were blade/blade.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited March 2020
    That's a GREAT POLK audio speaker collection you have growing there. B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Nice score! My 2B's were B/B
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • JayMX
    Tony M wrote: »
    That's a GREAT POLK audio speaker collection you have growing there. B)
    Ha thanks! It became an obsession for a while. Had to get it under control and lately I’ve been thinning the herd. Really having a hard time trying to decide what to keep. But I need to get going on my 3.1’s. I want to do the full battery of upgrades on them. So I need to part with more so I can afford to get started. Too many projects, not enough time.

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited March 2020
    I have had a hard time letting audio gear and speakers go, bigtime.

I like most of all that I have. I need to fix a 2.00 resistor in each of my Polk RTI12's. 4.00 in parts and I haven't done a thing to them in a year. :s It's really starting to bother me so I've started the intense process so I CAN fix those beautiful speakers.

And like you I guess, I have some other speakers that need crossover work done. ADS's. :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.