SDA 2B Blade/Blade?

JayMXJayMX Posts: 313
edited March 27 in Vintage Speakers
I posted today's pickup earlier this evening and it got evaporated by Vanilla somehow... here we go again...

I picked up a kinda ratty pair of 2B's today. Best part was the dude had me pick them up at the back door of a strip club... (not many of those here in Utah... but nothing fun was going on due to Coronavirus.)
But I digress....

Ahem, the SDA’s, they’re fully functioning. Sound great! Just found it curious that they’re blade/blade - thought these were supposed to be pin-blade. They do have the newer style crossovers, so maybe these are a result of leftover parts used during transition from model to model. These will make for a good refurb project during the inevitable lockdown...
icjd512cvos5.jpeg
irdosfhburre.jpeg
46fwrx6injtq.jpeg
w8i51z35wqp9.jpeg
532rav47ilhj.jpeg
Current Collection:
Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), SDA CRS+ (SL2000), RTA12c (194's), SDA SRS 2 (SL2000)

Repair pile: SRS 3.1TL (198’s), SDA CRS, (1) lonely RTA 11TL to become a center channel... someday...

Pairs that have passed through:
Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10c (3x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, SDA 2, SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2

...and more to come, it’s a sickness.

Comments

• JayMXJayMX Posts: 313
    And to answer @CH46E 's question in the earlier thread. The silver faces in the background are a Marantz 1030 and a 1060 that are also in my refurbish queue. Along with the Monitor 7B's (getting Mahogany veneer soon) the JBL L33's, Sansui AS-200's, the 3.1TL’s, a Sony TA-2000 preamp, and lots of other stuff that I’m forgetting. Plenty of projects for a long period of shelter-in-place. 👍🏻
    Current Collection:
    Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), SDA CRS+ (SL2000), RTA12c (194's), SDA SRS 2 (SL2000)

Repair pile: SRS 3.1TL (198’s), SDA CRS, (1) lonely RTA 11TL to become a center channel... someday...

Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10c (3x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, SDA 2, SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 44,826
    Some early 2B's were blade/blade.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Tony MTony M Posts: 9,164
    edited March 27
    That's a GREAT POLK audio speaker collection you have growing there. B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 2,390
    Nice score! My 2B's were B/B
    One foot on audio nirvana and the other in the poor house.
  • JayMXJayMX Posts: 313
    Tony M wrote: »
    That's a GREAT POLK audio speaker collection you have growing there. B)
    Ha thanks! It became an obsession for a while. Had to get it under control and lately I’ve been thinning the herd. Really having a hard time trying to decide what to keep. But I need to get going on my 3.1’s. I want to do the full battery of upgrades on them. So I need to part with more so I can afford to get started. Too many projects, not enough time.

Current Collection:

• Tony MTony M Posts: 9,164
    edited March 28
    I have had a hard time letting audio gear and speakers go, bigtime.

I like most of all that I have. I need to fix a 2.00 resistor in each of my Polk RTI12's. 4.00 in parts and I haven't done a thing to them in a year. :s It's really starting to bother me so I've started the intense process so I CAN fix those beautiful speakers.

And like you I guess, I have some other speakers that need crossover work done. ADS's. :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.