Monitor 5b grill peg replacement?

Hi- total newbie here. I bought a pair of monitor 5bs from Goodwill but during shipping all the pegs from the grills were sheared off. The grills are in good shape but the part that is attached to the enclosure is just broken clean off. I will attach photos showing what I mean.

Is there a good replacement available? Maybe from Parts Express? I’ve tried to find out in my own but if the knowledge is already out there I thought I’d ask.

Thanks!!f3xgwwkds1gs.jpeg
j6pavh9c34gq.jpeg
mroocun0scxy.jpeg
d8spp9tvpq0z.jpeg

Comments

• GardenstaterGardenstater Posts: 1,072
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub
    Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14 gauge, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 44,826
    IIRC, the ones at PE don't match exactly, but will work. Good luck trying to get the broken bits out.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Be aware that Polk used 2 different sizes of round grill pegs with Christmas tree attachments. Most Ebay sellers don't know which ones they are selling. (Ask me how I know.) Best to measure one of your unbroken ones.

The smaller ones are typically used on the newer-style beveled cabinets. Earlier speakers use the ones with larger diameter.

(Earlier, still, uses a larger jelly bean-shaped peg that looks very different. Earliest of all, uses a hard plastic velcro-like pad.)
  • xschopxschop Posts: 1,509
    Are your monitors labeled 5B's in the pics? I'm going to make some replacement spuds out of billet for my 5B's this weekend.