Bluesound Node 2i

Anyone here using this device, and what hear are they using it with if so? I will need a streamer with the new Prepro I will be ordering which doesn't include one.

Also, where are people getting flac files?

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Cambridge CXN or too expensive?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    benbvan wrote: »

Ripping converting to flac

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • coolsax
    coolsax Posts: 1,824
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

This.

Also I have an original Blusound. Really like the product and would love to upgrade the 2i at some point.
    Main 2ch -
    BlueSound Node->Ethereal optical cable->Peachtree Audio Nova 150->GoldenEar Triton 2+
    TT - Pro-ject Classic SB with Sumiko Bluepoint.

TV 3.1 system -
    Denon 3500 -> Dynaudio Excite 32/22
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    I have the 2i and run a hard drive with flacs to its usb input. I also stream Amazon Music HD. My 2i is run via coaxial cable to my Benchmark DAC2 DX.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    I have a Blusound Node also very happy with mine. If your looking for something better then skip the others and get a Auralic, otherwise start with a Node 2i.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • benbvan
    benbvan Posts: 20
    steveinaz wrote: »
    I have the 2i and run a hard drive with flacs to its usb input. I also stream Amazon Music HD. My 2i is run via coaxial cable to my Benchmark DAC2 DX.

You're running it to another DAC? or is that the prepro?
  • benbvan
    coolsax wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

This.

Also I have an original Blusound. Really like the product and would love to upgrade the 2i at some point.

Are you guys ripping your own cd's? And are you using the vault?
  • benbvan
    edited March 2020
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Cambridge CXN or too expensive?

Was hoping to spend less than 500, let alone $1000 lol. The new Prepro is $4k alone
  • coolsax
    coolsax Posts: 1,824
    I rip my own CDs, I use Dbpoweramp, and have for years. I do a lot of shopping at Half Price books to get cheap CDs.

Main 2ch -
    BlueSound Node->Ethereal optical cable->Peachtree Audio Nova 150->GoldenEar Triton 2+
    TT - Pro-ject Classic SB with Sumiko Bluepoint.

TV 3.1 system -
    Denon 3500 -> Dynaudio Excite 32/22
  • steveinaz

The Benchmark is a DAC/Preamp
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • benbvan
    Got you, excellent.
  • benbvan

The Benchmark is a DAC/Preamp

How do you like the 2i?
  • steveinaz
    I like it.