Keep Stock Tweeters In Focus

Options
I bought Polk Audio DB652 two-way speakers to replace the factory 6.5's but the factory tweeters are separate near the windows and should I keep them connected or disconnected? Would they interfere with the tweeters of the 2-way's or will they compliment each other?

Thanks for any advice,

Johnyum

Comments

• Johnyum
    Johnyum Posts: 6
    Options
    I might have made a mistake by not buying a component speaker system and I wouldn't have this problem. I don't know if I can get a tweeter and tap into the tweeter of the 2-way or not? A matching tweeter might be hard to find. I'll try with and without the factory tweeter and see what happens. I wonder what the frequency of the tweeter is on the DB652?

Johnyum
  • Johnyum
    Options
    I installed the speakers and unplugged the tweeters. I couldn't hear the factory tweeters very much even if I held it to my ears and I won't buy aftermarket tweeters. The 2-ways have enough treble and bass for me. Also, the subwoofer is disconnected. And a couple of weeks ago I installed 40 sq ft of sound dampening material so my car is much quieter from road noise. My new speakers sound really good and will improve as they break in. Try the radio's fader and balance controls and treble, mid's, and bass while parked with the motor off and windows up. I like jazz, classical and easy listening music. A CD with DDD will help with adjustments.

Good luck,

Johnyum
  • Johnyum
    Options
    I reconnected my subwoofer. What I'd like to know is if I tapped the subwoofer wires into the new speakers would I get the bass to go to them. They are rated to 40Hz so would it be any benefit? I'm not sure how low the response is coming from the amp to the mids?

Johnyum