Repair for Polk stands

k09dj18i0dn9.jpeg

What’s best for getting the vinyl back down on the base to these Polk stands? Anybody? Thanks.
FKA: anton.chigurh (see profile page)

Comments

• stevepstevep Posts: 135
    I'd try contact cement.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 16,774
    stevep wrote: »
    I'd try contact cement.

Yep apply to both parts let dry and push together. You get one try to get it right good luck :)
  • Superglue?
    Main System:
    Proton AA-1150 ~ Yamaha C-4 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Sennheiser HD600 ~ Monitor Audio Silver RS8 ~ Monitor Audio FB210 ~ Martin Logan Dynamo ~ Teac R-919X ~ Marantz CD5003 ~ Squeezebox Classic ~ Music Hall dac25.2 ~ Dual 1229/Acutex M312 III STR ~ Music Hall mmf-5.1/Goldring 1012GX ~ Music Hall Cruise Control 2.0 ~ Technics SL-D2/Audio Technica AT15XE ~ NAD PP 3i

Home Theater:
    LG 47GA6400 ~ Yamaha RX-V800 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Marantz DV6001 ~ Paradigm Monitor 9 v1 ~ Polk Audio RT35i ~ CS400i ~ (2) PSW450

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 16,774
    Superglue?

no it will fail.
  • Thanks for the contact cement suggestions.
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,750
    edited February 25
    I've used wood glue on some veneers. Both real wood and vinyl. Only trouble is that You have to set it on its side and put weight on it. Not too big a deal, but kinda annoying for something thin like that.

Next time I'll try contact cement. :)

Good luck with the repair!
    signature is in the spoiler window :)
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    Martin Logan LX16s, NAD 1155 preamp and 4155 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 CD player and Audio Technica cartridge courtesy of Drew/Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • Went to the hardware store today and finally remembered to grab some contact cement. Made the repair and it appears to have worked nicely.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 44,826
    edited March 18
    NM
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk