Phono interconnects

Options
F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,787
Anyone have experience with Audio Sensibility Signature Silver Phono Cables? Any suggestions welcome, no budget restrictions.
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• F1nut
    Options
    Any experience with the Shunyata Sigma phono cables?

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,662
    Options
    I have been happy with all the cables I have ordered from Doug. Furutech Alphas. Including a phono cable.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,871
    Options
    grover Huffman's phono cables are supposed to be good.
    http://www.groverhuffman.com/interconnects
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Astropet
    Astropet Posts: 25
    Options
    I don’t have any experience with the Shunyata phono cable, but I do own a balanced Python ZiTron interconnect.

I run the Audio Sensibility Signature phono cable between my VPI Scout and my Musical Fidelity MX phono stage. I also run the Signature interconnect between the phono stage and my preamp. Initially I compared the Statement with the Signature. Both cables are great, but I found the Signature is much better. It has all the detail of the Statement, but is warmer, has a bigger soundstage, and better bottom end.

Interestingly, I also compared the Signature phono cable with my Python interconnect, using the balanced and unbalanced outputs of my dac which are gain matched. I found it hard to tell the difference between the Signature phono cable and the Python interconnect, but my Siltech 770I had slightly more resolution. when I compared the Signature interconnect with the Siltech I couldn’t tell the difference. I find the Audio Sensibility does both what the Python and the Siltech do.

I don’t think Audio Sensibility is the last word in cables, but I think they are very hard to beat at their price. I recommend checking them out, I had no problems returning the cables that I didn’t keep in my audition.
  • Astropet
    Astropet Posts: 25
    Options
    I forgot to mention that like the Shunyata, the Signature takes a long time to burn in. It took another 24 hours after being on the cooker for three days to fully burn in.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I have Analysis Plus in my rig and love them. Their customer support was to shelf as well.

https://analysis.plus/product/solo-crystal-oval-phono-cable/
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    edited March 2020
    Options
    marvda1 wrote: »
    grover Huffman's phono cables are supposed to be good.
    http://www.groverhuffman.com/interconnects

Is he still in business? I saw one person recently mention Huffman never returned his inquiries.

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Options
    Astropet wrote: »
    I don’t have any experience with the Shunyata phono cable, but I do own a balanced Python ZiTron interconnect.

I run the Audio Sensibility Signature phono cable between my VPI Scout and my Musical Fidelity MX phono stage. I also run the Signature interconnect between the phono stage and my preamp. Initially I compared the Statement with the Signature. Both cables are great, but I found the Signature is much better. It has all the detail of the Statement, but is warmer, has a bigger soundstage, and better bottom end.

Interestingly, I also compared the Signature phono cable with my Python interconnect, using the balanced and unbalanced outputs of my dac which are gain matched. I found it hard to tell the difference between the Signature phono cable and the Python interconnect, but my Siltech 770I had slightly more resolution. when I compared the Signature interconnect with the Siltech I couldn’t tell the difference. I find the Audio Sensibility does both what the Python and the Siltech do.

I don’t think Audio Sensibility is the last word in cables, but I think they are very hard to beat at their price. I recommend checking them out, I had no problems returning the cables that I didn’t keep in my audition.

Good info, thank you!

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Options
    I have Analysis Plus in my rig and love them. Their customer support was to shelf as well.

https://analysis.plus/product/solo-crystal-oval-phono-cable/

They don't seem to offer RCA to RCA.

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Options
    tratliff wrote: »
    I have been happy with all the cables I have ordered from Doug. Furutech Alphas. Including a phono cable.

I'll take a look, thanks.

President of Club Polk

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    What? not using MIT? blasphemy!
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    Options
    I have gone through 4 sets of phono cables and finally settled on Wireworld. They have filled all of the voids that were missing with the others.
    [
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    Jesse, Don't know if you're still running MIT or not. This S1 Phono Cable has been on the Market for quite some time, might be had for less.

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649480885-mit-shotgun-s1-phono-rare/
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
  • Mike Reeter
    Options
    miner wrote: »
    I have gone through 4 sets of phono cables and finally settled on Wireworld. They have filled all of the voids that were missing with the others.

I checked their Tonearm Wire and looks like all they offer is DIN-RCA or DIN-XLR. Are you using a Standard set of their RCA Interconnects?

• F1nut
    Options
    Jesse, Don't know if you're still running MIT or not. This S1 Phono Cable has been on the Market for quite some time, might be had for less.

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649480885-mit-shotgun-s1-phono-rare/

Oh yeah, my MIT Cables aren't going anywhere. Thanks, I saw that MIT phono cable, but I'm not sure if it would work with my phono pre. I'll have to look into that.

President of Club Polk

• miner
    Options
    miner wrote: »

I checked their Tonearm Wire and looks like all they offer is DIN-RCA or DIN-XLR. Are you using a Standard set of their RCA Interconnects?

Yes, RCA with my VPI junction box.
    [
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    Options
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,662
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @F1nut not sure what table you have but I just read about this.

I would like to give one of these a try.

x7cuyjly836n.jpeg

https://www.vpiindustries.com/so/f0N3HVwTU?cid=e32f2b2e-01c1-49bc-82b0-c2ec23811def#/main
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • F1nut
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Time for an update. After a lot of phono cable research and keeping in mind my prior experience with what good silver cables can do I decided to try the Audio Sensibility Signature Silver, which I wanted to order with an all black Techflex cover verses their standard version. Steve said no problem and no extra charge. I also opted for the 3 day cable cooking and in just over a week they arrived. The build quality and appearance are really very nice, which to me says they are proud of their product.

The first day the sound was rolled off at the top end, but on day two it started to come around. By day 3 the top end was a bit too prevalent, which had me concerned. On day 4 I thought of something, the load setting I had been using with some cables that will remain nameless may not be correct with the new phono cables, so I changed it. Ah, much better...in fact, just right. Overall, I've heard an improvement in clarity, detail, soundstage width and depth as well as tighter more tuneful bass. Color me impressed, therefore I can definitely recommend these phono cables.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, greatly appreciated.

President of Club Polk

• Mike Reeter
    Options
    With the Exchange Rate such as it is, A.S. makes very good sense. I have several of their Cables and they are top notch in both Quality and Performance.

• F1nut
    Options
    I forgot to include a photo. They use some serious stainless steel barrels on the ends.
    0pkllx7wsm0a.jpg

President of Club Polk

• miner
    Options
    Thank you for the update
    [