Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    Kind of funny observation. Went to a grocery store on way home from work, at the city limits of Austin, and there was some low stock and bare spots on quite a few shelf’s.

The grocery store I usually go to, 40 miles away, was fully stocked.

I developed a theory years back that the closer to the center of a city a person lives, the more idiotic the general population becomes.

I would like to say it only happens during some type of real or imagined crisis, but unfortunately it’s an observation that seems to validate itself on a daily basis.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited March 2020
    Options
    The problem with hoarding is, it forces normal people with common sense to have to hoard as well, or everything will be gone! Our local Walmart was cleaned out of toilet paper, any kind of disinfectant wipes, and water.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,334
    Options
    Sucks being outnumbered, doesn't it Steve?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Tony M wrote: »
    Newspapers anyone?

like land lines almost extinct.. We are lucky around here if they have 4 pages

Same here. The classified section is non existent now.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,937
    Options
    The only thing that’s out of stock everywhere in my area is hand sanitizer.

Everything else is in stock in all of the stores I’ve visited in the past week, including dry goods, canned goods, and bathroom tissue. I mostly just stocked up on wine!

🍷 🥂 😉
    Alea jacta est!
  • steveinaz
    Options
    We're a small town with only 1 Walmart, but I'm still surprised at the empty shelves.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,702
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    We're a small town with only 1 Walmart, but I'm still surprised at the empty shelves.

Are the empty shelves due to the pandemic rush items or overall item shortages due to most of them being sourced from the big C?
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,578
    Options
    xschop wrote: »
    steveinaz wrote: »

Are the empty shelves due to the pandemic rush items or overall item shortages due to most of them being sourced from the big C?

Well in my area
    Tp, paper towels, 91%alcohol, hand sanitizer, hand soap and a few other personal hygiene stuff doesn't come from China.
    So no it is panic buying. I was able to get a bag of 15 rolls of paper towels today. More than one person was arguing with the Sam's club employee's why they should be able to buy more then the 3 package limit Sam's has put into place because of the folks buying 7 to 10 packages of the paper towels.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Tp, paper towels, 91%alcohol, hand sanitizer, hand soap and a few other personal hygiene stuff

Yeah all of that is out in my area. I was able to get to my local grocery store an hour or so after they opened (got done dropping my kiddo off to School) and was able to snag a couple 4 packs of disinfecting wipes.

I always have rice and beans stocked up but that is just in case we have some lazy cooking nights. I should make out alright I figure.

Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • steveinaz
    Options
    I'd like to say for the record, Corona Beer does not CURE the virus, please leave me some.
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    Options
    That's a good point. I wonder if the name is causing sales loses?
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    I don't know why so many people are buying so much TP in a panic. One big pack from Costco last us close to two months. that is for 4 people (2 women). Someone goes and buys 4-6 Costco packs they have a year supply.

Panic buying is going crazy right now, way too crazy.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    As long as food and beer is in stock I am happy. A wet sponge works better than TP.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    As long as food and beer is in stock I am happy. A wet sponge works better than TP.

Don't try that in Houston.
  • Jazzhead
    Jazzhead Posts: 525
    Options
    We have a woodstove, dried pinto beans, and bourbon....
    Polk Audio first generation RTA-12s; 12 inch Polk Stands; DHS Speaker Service upgraded crossovers w/ Sonicap/Mills; the "westmassguy anti-lobing mod" (hyperdamped outer drivers/mirror imaged); tweeter anti-diffraction mod; Cardas binding posts; Neotech UPOCC internal wire; foam-lined inner driver baskets; xschop phase plugs; deleted fuses; Hurricane nuts; Sonic Barrier; Dynamat Xtreme
    Ayre K-5xeMP preamplifier
    Cambridge Audio 840C CD player; Herbie's Audio Lab Super Black Hole CD Mat
    D-Sonic Custom Audio M3a-600M monoblock amplifiers
    NAD 4155 FM/AM tuner
    Silnote Audio Morpheus Reference II Series II balanced interconnects; Virtue Audio single-ended interconnects
    Kimber 12TC speaker cable w/Furez connectors; VH Audio Flavor 4 power cables w/Furutech connectors
    Herbie's Audio Lab system isolation: Tenderfeet, Big Fat Dots, Grungebuster Dots, Little Fat Gliders
    Dedicated 20A/10 AWG circuit; Furutech GTX-D (G) outlet; Furutech eTP80; Shunyata Research Venom Defender; Synergistic Research Orange fuses
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,937
    Options
    ... A wet sponge works better than TP.
    TMI, buddy... Tee. Emm. Eye!

What you do in the secrecy of your own home... 🙅‍♂️ 🤫
    Alea jacta est!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,046
    Options
    Jazzhead wrote: »
    We have a woodstove, dried pinto beans, and bourbon....

Does that work, better, worse, or the same as toilet paper? Just curious.
    :#
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    OMG! After a long day at work, the Mrs had to stop at Walmart. I just cracked up when she loaded 2 more jumbo packs of TP into the cart.

I quipped, "I have a sudden desire to go #2", she gave me the look, but cracked a smile! Still going with it fellas! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Jazzhead
    Jazzhead Posts: 525
    Options
    mhardy, the bourbon helps you forget that you ran out of toilet paper. It's all a matter of having your priorities in proper order.

Polk Audio first generation RTA-12s; 12 inch Polk Stands; DHS Speaker Service upgraded crossovers w/ Sonicap/Mills; the "westmassguy anti-lobing mod" (hyperdamped outer drivers/mirror imaged); tweeter anti-diffraction mod; Cardas binding posts; Neotech UPOCC internal wire; foam-lined inner driver baskets; xschop phase plugs; deleted fuses; Hurricane nuts; Sonic Barrier; Dynamat Xtreme
    Ayre K-5xeMP preamplifier
    Cambridge Audio 840C CD player; Herbie's Audio Lab Super Black Hole CD Mat
    D-Sonic Custom Audio M3a-600M monoblock amplifiers
    NAD 4155 FM/AM tuner
    Silnote Audio Morpheus Reference II Series II balanced interconnects; Virtue Audio single-ended interconnects
    Kimber 12TC speaker cable w/Furez connectors; VH Audio Flavor 4 power cables w/Furutech connectors
    Herbie's Audio Lab system isolation: Tenderfeet, Big Fat Dots, Grungebuster Dots, Little Fat Gliders
    Dedicated 20A/10 AWG circuit; Furutech GTX-D (G) outlet; Furutech eTP80; Shunyata Research Venom Defender; Synergistic Research Orange fuses
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    I have been saying it for years, but now there is verifiable proof that people are full of (s)hit. :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,437
    Options
    A wet sponge works better than TP.

So does your shirt sleeve but...

Best hand sanitizer you can get is PureGreen 24.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    rpf65 wrote: »
    Kind of funny observation. Went to a grocery store on way home from work, at the city limits of Austin, and there was some low stock and bare spots on quite a few shelf’s.

The grocery store I usually go to, 40 miles away, was fully stocked.

I developed a theory years back that the closer to the center of a city a person lives, the more idiotic the general population becomes.

I would like to say it only happens during some type of real or imagined crisis, but unfortunately it’s an observation that seems to validate itself on a daily basis.

I'm going to second that theory.🙂
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Just stock up on Twinkies and Spam. You should be good for about 100 years.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,688
    Options
    I just bought 10,000 Immodium AD tablets on eBay. I won't need any toilet paper until sometime next year.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,702
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I just bought 10,000 Immodium AD tablets on eBay. I won't need any toilet paper until sometime next year.

We need a TMI button below in responses. For now we'll just go with insightful hehe.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    I waiting for the memo to come out in the office.

"Anyone caught steeling TP will be canned".
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,437
    Options

Welcome back! How was vacation?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,688
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »

Welcome back! How was vacation?
    :p

It wasn't any different than normal except if I wanted to view a thread, I would have to click on the last page and scroll down instead of just clicking the thread and immediately being taken to my "last viewed" like it usually does.

And the signatures. What a nightmare! Every forum I view I always turn sigs off. On most forums, sigs are just a few words or a sentence or two. Here it's one wall of text after another. :p