What Are You Listening To?

Comments

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    dromunds wrote: »
    Released 18 years ago today. 8 grammy’s

9mfse4nt0rc2.jpeg

One of my reference discs for sure. "Feels Like Home" is fantastic as well.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Happy birthday Johnny Cash
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,136
    edited February 2020
    Is this the album? Sounds great now, can't wait to hear it when my crossovers are upgraded.

iickrvohfz4v.png
    Post edited by Gardenstater on
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    I have no idea, just have that youtube video on my classical playlist.
  • Turns out it was the one. And it was awesome. Thanks.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Loved that Daryl's House show. There was a ton of great stuff there.
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    A little bit of Mellencamp followed by a short lived group called "More".
    isi6d79aovs1.png

50 Bozo dollars if anyone knows of More. Saw them open for Iron Maiden around 1982? I have 2 albums...both solid works of the metal persuasion.
    bxeuhenkbw10.png
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    shhsr6co4ca8.jpg
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    JayCee wrote: »
    A little bit of Mellencamp followed by a short lived group called "More".
    isi6d79aovs1.png

50 Bozo dollars if anyone knows of More. Saw them open for Iron Maiden around 1982? I have 2 albums...both solid works of the metal persuasion.
    bxeuhenkbw10.png

No need for the bozo bucks. The Warhead album had a couple of versions with songs in different order as well. The 9 song version includes the song Lord of Twilight. Of course I have both versions of this in my digital library and their other album Blood and Thunder as well. Yeah, these cats laid it down no doubt. Musicianship wise (all good). Songs are just ok but in your face ...yes!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • JayCee
    edited March 2020
    Yeah, these cats laid it down no doubt. Musicianship wise (all good). Songs are just ok but in your face ...yes!
    eyltr3nsj50f.png

Sweet, honestly thought no one would know them but considering your background...not surprised. Spot on with your description! Paul Mario Day, the original singer, was in an early iteration of Maiden. Maiden seemed to continue the theme of opening acts and connections to bands. I saw another little known French metal band, Trust, open for them. Nicko McBrain, drummer for Trust, went on to replace Clive Burr. Burr had also performed with Trust before Maiden. Years ago I saw a "family tree" of all the members/bands based on Maiden lineage and it was interesting to see how their early years in Britain contributed to other 80's metal bands.

Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • JayCee
    DNSPY007 wrote: »
    Sunday Cup of Joe.....

https://youtu.be/Q4bNfIr5JwA

I have tickets to see Joe in March! Amazing guy!
  • dromunds
    JayCee wrote: »
    DNSPY007 wrote: »
    Sunday Cup of Joe.....

https://youtu.be/Q4bNfIr5JwA

I have tickets to see Joe in March! Amazing guy!

Going to see Joe in 12 days
  • JayCee
    s374s7lk32kg.png
  • JayCee
    386wnnoggqd3.png
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
  • dromunds
    Happy birthday, David Gilmour!
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Daniel Castro - I'll Play The Blues For You
    (while reading the new posts)

https://youtu.be/ioOzsi9aHQQ
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • dromunds
    Townes Van Zandt born this date
  • dromunds
    Mississippi Queen released 50 years ago yesterday. How did I miss that? Mountain Climbing great album. Won’t happen again.
  • dromunds
    Welcome To My Nightmare released 45 years ago this date