New member test post

Let's see what happens...pic included.v2akrq5kzncq.jpg
Current system: SDA-SRS, Carver Crimson 275 amp, 10 Octave LP-1R preamp
Previous system: SDA-1, Carver M-1.5t amp, Adcom GFP-1A preamp
I listen better than I used to, but I don't hear as well.

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,476
    Break on through to the other side...
  • OldCrow
    OldCrow Posts: 31
    Any advice on adding my system information to my posts? I haven't found the link or icon in my profile. Thanks.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited March 2020
    OldCrow wrote: »
    Any advice on adding my system information to my posts? I haven't found the link or icon in my profile. Thanks.

You can add a signature with stuff like that in it, if you wish.

zlpurcogvhoc.png

When you edit your profile, you'll see a choice for signature settings.

llal297mbjlh.png

Go there, and you can probably cut and paste what(ever) you want to.

ej3c1te85iu4.png
  • OldCrow
    Thanks MHardy- that's the ticket.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Welcome OldCrow!! Where are you located?
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    I more interested in watcha got in audio, and do you have any more coin to spend on audio

Welcome to Club Polk
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    That looks like a jet wearing a fluffy white cotton ball tutu or hula skirt.
  • OldCrow
    Flint, Michigan- grew up here, came back in 2000 after 24 yrs Air Force retirement. Just retired again from local college. Time to pursue audio!
  • OldCrow
    Hi Viking- the pic is a B-1b with a vapor cone or shock collar. It happens as the aircraft approaches Mach 1 (plus high humidity). Here's a B-2 that looks like it's coming out of warp drive.

i05w54byut98.jpg

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,476
    Nice system you got going there. That last line in the signature lol ain't that about the truth.
    ;);)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    What did you do in the Air Farce ;) .... Errr, sorry, just an old Jarhead here. :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • OldCrow
    Hi noosh- . I was an electronic warfare instructor for the B-52, B-1b and F-16. I retired after 24 yrs and now again from a local college. Military tend have killer systems and I was hooked. High school stereo was a pair of Jensen Triaxials in my Gremlin, so it was a whole new world.

I'd like some advice about using the forum. I lurked for years as I searched for a pair of SRSs. Now I would like to explore improving them. They sound awesome, but they're 33 yrs old. I've read the new tweeters are an improvement and an easy drop-in replacement. I've also followed Gimpod upgrades, now maybe handled by DHS Speakers. I see you've pursued upgrades.

I've read lots of threads about this but many are years old. I wonder if people still follow these. Should I jump in an old one or could I start my own? In the 20 yrs since the AF, I've met no audiophiles, so I'm looking forward to exchanging ideas with other Polkies.

• JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    edited March 2020
    Welcome @OldCrow and brother AF. I'm a retired maintenance analyst (AFSC 391X0, 2R0X0) and have worked your 3 airframes. Closed Castle and went to Mt Home. My last assignent was non-vol to Sheppard as a 2R0 CDC writer. Also became the Superintendent for AMMOC (Aircraft Maintenance/Munitions Officer Officer Course) and 2R0 school houses.

My wife is ex EW and has many friends in The Association of Old Crows...graduated tech school in '91 and belongs to the FB group. She jumped ship (crossed trained) in 2003 and is currently medical. :o Didn't post last night but was pretty sure your screen name/image represented AOC.

Many ex-mil on the site. @nooshinjohn's a Marine powerplant guy but don't hold that against him. :* He's an okay dude. :)

Your SRS's are not 1.2's? If not...Gimpod boards aren't compatible w/your gen SRS's. Yes, new tweets are drop in replacement and recommended. Assuming you have component level repair experience (soldering skills) you'll be able to do your own cap/resistor upgrades. Any other mods are just basic skills. Lots of folks happy to walk you through it on this forum.

Good to see you around!

John

edit to add...if you decide to have your crossovers outsourced, DHS/@westmassguy comes very highly recommended.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬