RTi A3 w/ NAD 214 to Bi-amp or not

I currently have a pair of RTi A3 speakers that I've been very happy with. They are being driven by an old NAD 214 power amp (rated at 80w per channel). If I were to consider Bi-amping them with another NAD 214 (either vertically or horizontally) any thoughts on whether it would be worthwhile to do this? If not with the NAD then perhaps a different amp ?

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,707
    Not even close to being worthwhile.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut wrote: »
    Not even close to being worthwhile.

Not worthwhile because of the speaker itself is not worth it or the amp?
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    My guess is that F1 is referring to to the speakers and not so much that they are midline Polks, but a 2 way bookshelf speaker of any make does not need bi-amping. Unless you are using external xovers and possibly an eq. Spitballing here
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    short answer is ...no.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    The a3s are very easy to drive. A7s or 9s maybe but then we get into the external active crossover convo. But for the 3s, I doubt you’ll hear any difference.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • rooftop59 wrote: »
    The a3s are very easy to drive. A7s or 9s maybe but then we get into the external active crossover convo. But for the 3s, I doubt you’ll hear any difference.

Thanks all to who responded... to close this out would the LSiM703 be worthy then perhaps just out of curiosity? Slowly entering the rabbithole to spend more money on perhaps another speaker potentially now
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    You'll spend more money than the 703s cost in order to do bi-amping correctly, and even then the results would likely be negligible.

If you really want to "bi amp" then buy a pair of powered studio monitors that have separate amplifiers internally for the woofer and tweeter.