Why are people suddenly using their phones like this??

Options
2»

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Millennial's are approaching 40 years old. The only place I'm hanging out is at home and I definitely don't put my conversations on speaker phone.

Sorry bud, but the last millennials were born in 1999...I still have plenty in my college classes...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Millennial's are approaching 40 years old. The only place I'm hanging out is at home and I definitely don't put my conversations on speaker phone.

Sorry bud, but the last millennials were born in 1999...I still have plenty in my college classes...

Nope that is generation Z
    Which is a little strange that millennials (gen x) go from 81-96 and gen z is 95-12
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,032
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    I want pizza.
    We had pizza for dinner tonight; it was excellent.
    https://ziggys.pizza/lebanon-menu/

I do like to hold mine up next to my head, by my ear, when I eat it, though.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,032
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    gimpod wrote: »
    I hate Vanilla!!!!!!!

I was just typing a comment when @afterburnt posted his causing Vanilla to refresh the page dumping my comment before I could post mine. :angry:@afterburnt not your fault.

F**K Vanilla :rage::rage:

Vanilla is erratic. I use an iPad Mini 99% of the time, and a lot of posts occur while I am one finger typing a response, and the new posts don’t affect my response.

Did you say Vanilla was erotic? Wait...
    oh...

4qgzk3mesqcx.png
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    afterburnt wrote: »
    I want pizza.
    We had pizza for dinner tonight; it was excellent.
    https://ziggys.pizza/lebanon-menu/

I do like to hold mine up next to my head, by my ear, when I eat it, though.

Kindda like drinking from a jug?
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    Maybe @gimpod can announce it to Vanilla on his cell phone whilst holding it sideways..................................... ;)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I wish cell phones could be launched as clays (skeets) for target practice.... PULL!!!!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Which is a little strange that millennials (gen x) go from 81-96 and gen z is 95-12

Millennials are gen y.

Gen·er·a·tion X
    /ˌjenəˈrāSHən eks/
    noun
    the generation born after that of the baby boomers (roughly from the early 1960s to late 1970s), typically perceived to be disaffected and directionless. >:)
  • pitdogg2
    edited February 2020
    Options
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Millennials are gen y.

Gen·er·a·tion X
    /ˌjenəˈrāSHən eks/
    noun
    the generation born after that of the baby boomers (roughly from the early 1960s to late 1970s), typically perceived to be disaffected and directionless. >:)

Correct

I fouled that.
    :p
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    Yeah, Gen X and Gen Y (Millenials) have "boomer" parents. Mostly.

Gen X goes from like 1964 to anywhere from 1979-1982 depending on what egghead you talk to. I've heard it starting as early as 1960 to 1965 too. It's pretty accepted that Gen X is 1961-1981, though. My brother is one of those "gap kids" since he was born in 81 and on the edge of Gen X and Gen Y. My sister and I are Gen X.

Gen Y starts in 81, though. Well, I've heard everything from 1979 to 1984. It goes to 1995 to as late as 2002, again, depending on what egghead you talk to. Generally accepted time frame is 1981- 1996.

But by either standard, Gen Y's earliest births are reaching 40 years old now. Gen Z's accepted time frame is 1995-2012, which makes no sense as there's a year overlap. But, whatever. Much of the current young, social BS that gets attributed to Millenials is unfairly put on them when it belongs squarely on Gen Z, who's earliest members are now graduating college and going out in to the real world and probably getting rude awakenings.

Millenials mostly have Baby Boomer parents with earliest ones having a good chance of having early Gen X parents. Gen Z kids mostly have Gen X parents with the earliest ones having the possibility of having Millenial parents that are the earliest members of Gen Y.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    Also:

https://tinyurl.com/y54lns8x

^^^^^^^^^^^^That link was going to have the other half of bullpoo censored. You'd have to edit it manually in your location bar to get it to work if I wasn't nice and masked the "bad word" to protect your sensibilities and give you a working link because, anymore, people are pansies.

Also, this:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/generation-x-forgotten-again_n_5c4539d5e4b027c3bbc2fc87
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    If someone calls me in the car and I answer (I usually don't), Two things; one, it better be real important! ;) and I better be stopped at the time, and two, I put it on speakerphone to keep both hands on the wheel.

At home, I'll talk on speakerphone if nobody is around. But I don't hold it stupidly like the girl in the first pic, I'll set it down on the counter while I eat, or put it in my pocket or something. they can still hear me if they aren't deaf.

In public, never. :)

-Micah
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    Welcome to the era of no manners. It's not going to get any better until parents stop trying to win a popularity contest with their children.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,027
    Options
    Sometimes when people ask me "Why did my computer suddenly start doing this?," I *want* to ask "What do you mean by suddenly?," ... but I don't.
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    CGTIII wrote: »
    Sometimes when people ask me "Why did my computer suddenly start doing this?," I *want* to ask "What do you mean by suddenly?," ... but I don't.

Why not?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,434
    Options

This is why I always try to work in places with windows that open and chairs with really fast rolley wheels.
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    edited March 2020
    Options
    msg wrote: »

This is why I always try to work in places with windows that open and chairs with really fast rolley wheels.

And preferably not catch a speed whobble at the speed of window.
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,027
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »

Why not?

Because they're either clients or potential clients. ;-)
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.