FS Tyler Acoustics 7u’s $2000.00

Original owner,, caps and resistors were upgraded a few years ago,,Clarity Cap MR series IIRC and Mills resistors.I would rate them a 9 ,,I believe the finish is walnut. I will post pics later and sorry but pickup only,I live in Panama City Beach Florida.
Thanks for looking
JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)

Comments

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited February 2020
    ha2f19knc640.jpeg
    o0g8v7lqn73u.jpeg
    w2m2gyetbmei.jpeg
    cl91xbzg2fpe.jpeg
    They have been spiked IIRC Mye spikes,, they were built and signed by Ty on the back of the speaker.Thanks for looking and just pm me if interested
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    edited February 2020
    Drooling on where you live. One of the most fun clubs I've played in my life was Club La Vela. Was looking at property there but the hurricanes scared me away. I will go back for a visit.
    Speakers look amazing. Hope they make their way to a polkie.

GLWS
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    Looks like nice SEAS drivers in there. Not sure what the tweeter is, but those are very clean looking and a nice size.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited February 2020
    Seas drivers and scans peak revelator tweeter
  • Spring Break 92' I think it was, I can hardly remember it! GLWTS!
    Analog Source: Rega P3-24 Exact 2 w/GT delrin platter & Neo TT-PSU Digital Source: Lumin T2 w/Roon (NUC) DAC: Denafrips Pontus II Phono Preamp: Rega Aria MK3 Preamp: Rogue RP-7 Amp: Pass X150.8 Speakers: Joseph Audio Perspective 2, Audio Physic Tempo Plus Cables: Morrow M4 ICs & Audio Art SC-5 ePlus, Shunyata PCs Misc: Shunyata Hydra Delta D6, VTI rack, GIK acoustic panels
  • Drooling on where you live. One of the most fun clubs I've played in my life was Club La Vela. Was looking at property there but the hurricanes scared me away. I will go back for a visit.

GLWS

Thanks,, we live on the west end of the beach,, I don’t think Club La Vela is open yet,, but when they do it will be more of a family oriented club from what I read,, the spring break that we knew back in the day is now gone thanks to all of the media coverage and shooting at a party. We still get some breakers but nothing like it used to be.
  • And,, I might add that these speakers are a steal at the asking price!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    How much for just one?.......

:) Howdy George
  • Hiya Russ,, just for you,,the price of one is $2000.00
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    You sir....are a huckster of sub-standard wares!
  • Not
  • Kind of a buy one get one for free deal. :)
  • Yep!
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    I'm thinking the B&K that Geppy has for sale would power these nicely.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Russ if you want them and he will hold them until the first week of August, I can pick them up for you.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    Great speakers!

Russ, lol @treitz3
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • I can hold them for anyone I know
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited February 2020
    I'd take them in a heartbeat, especially at that price but I'm not about to start building a 3rd stereo system. I have enough in the two I have. Fun speakers! These are the ones that started my audio journey with Tyler Acoustics, touring Ty's factory, getting the Signature Reference and going crazy with the crossovers.

Would love to have these but have blown WAY too much this past year on audio, engines, cars and other things....not to mention music.

G, you should not have any issue selling these. The Revelator tweeter is probably my favorite tweeter. The Millennium in mine offers you 95% of the Revelator but the Revelator gives you that last 5%. Outstanding imaging out of that tweeter.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Nice...but why sandwiched in the corners like that George ? Somebody needs to snag these pronto.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited February 2020

nobody-puts-baby-5b234d.jpg

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tonyb wrote: »
    Nice...but why sandwiched in the corners like that George ? Somebody needs to snag these pronto.

Just a place to sit them until sold
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Gotcha man, good luck with the sale. Someone is gonna be a happy camper.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Drooling on where you live. One of the most fun clubs I've played in my life was Club La Vela. Was looking at property there but the hurricanes scared me away. I will go back for a visit.

GLWS

From Facebook.
    "Unfortunately we will not be opening again this season. Club La Vela remains in negotiations with our insurance company. We will post any updates on Facebook and our website. Thanks for all your love and support!"

When we go to PCB, we usually stay around that area. With La Vela and Spinnakers closed ( the huge place next door to La Vela) only thing left is Newbeis and Foghorn for stumbling distance for the wife and I.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Don't let anyone Tom knows help you carry them..
  • I was there
  • treitz3
    No doubt!

Idgit (me).

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    How large a room do these need and ideal setup in such a room would be? seeing we have members here with lots of listening time and knowledge...it's that knowledge that is priceless :) .thanks….
  • treitz3
    @NotaSuv - I have heard them in a LR at Ted's place that had to be 25x14"ish", heard them at Trey's in a 10x12"ish" room, At my pad, they were in a 13x15 room and I have heard them in a loft type setup where the back of the room was open to the rest of the house and they were up against 3 walls that were enclosed, probably about 14x32.

IMO/IME, they imaged better in larger rooms where they had room to breathe but were not slacking at all in a smaller room. Very versatile speaker when it comes to room sizes. The further out from the wall behind them that they sat from, the better they got.

You can almost literally "see" BB King walk across the stage in his "Live at the Regal" album. They have the ability to produce pinpoint imaging when set up properly.

Tom
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    Not to mention the mods here will make them first rate, top shelf. That tweeter with the Mr cap is to die for
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3 wrote: »
    @NotaSuv - I have heard them in a LR at Ted's place that had to be 25x14"ish", heard them at Trey's in a 10x12"ish" room, At my pad, they were in a 13x15 room and I have heard them in a loft type setup where the back of the room was open to the rest of the house and they were up against 3 walls that were enclosed, probably about 14x32.

IMO/IME, they imaged better in larger rooms where they had room to breathe but were not slacking at all in a smaller room. Very versatile speaker when it comes to room sizes. The further out from the wall behind them that they sat from, the better they got.

You can almost literally "see" BB King walk across the stage in his "Live at the Regal" album. They have the ability to produce pinpoint imaging when set up properly.

Tom

Yessir! ,