Is a Pioneer VSX-9300 common ground?

I’m having a hard time finding out if this receiver can handle the SDA cable of my 1.2TL’s. I’ll assume it’s common ground but would like to be certain. Anyone know?
Mcintosh MC2300
Mcintosh 2105
Integra Pre amp 9.8
Pro-ject Record Player
Sony 200 disc CD Changer
Basic Wiring
60" Samsung Series 8
SDA-1.2TL
SDA-3.1TL (unused at the moment)

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    All receivers are common ground.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    True....but does anyone really want just a receiver driving 1.2's ? No way your going to hear what they are capable of.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    edited February 2020
    I suggest you purchase an amp that will do those speakers justice & use the pre-outs on the receiver.
  • Bugstyvy
    Bugstyvy Posts: 119
    The receiver drives them quite nicely at 125w per channel. I agree they aren’t gonna open up as I don’t have a 2x1000w amp.

I do however have an Mcintosh MC2102 that’s out for service that drives them fine. Thanks for the actual answer to my question Pitdogg2.
    Mcintosh MC2300
    Mcintosh 2105
    Integra Pre amp 9.8
    Pro-ject Record Player
    Sony 200 disc CD Changer
    Basic Wiring
    60" Samsung Series 8
    SDA-1.2TL
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    It's not wpc, it's amperes and no receiver has much in that department.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Bugstyvy
    Sorry I corrected it.

The receiver drives them quite nicely at (whatever you think it is) per channel. I agree they aren’t gonna open up as I don’t have a 2x1000w amp.

I do however have an Mcintosh MC2102 that’s out for service that drives them fine. Thanks for the actual answer to my question Pitdogg2.
    Mcintosh MC2300
    Mcintosh 2105
    Integra Pre amp 9.8
    Pro-ject Record Player
    Sony 200 disc CD Changer
    Basic Wiring
    60" Samsung Series 8
    SDA-1.2TL
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Bugstyvy wrote: »
    Sorry I corrected it.

The receiver drives them quite nicely at (whatever you think it is) per channel. I agree they aren’t gonna open up as I don’t have a 2x1000w amp.

No, you're not understanding what I was saying. It's not about watts per channel, it's about current (amperes). Those speakers need a high current amplifier to drive them.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Bugstyvy
    I understand this receiver is not an amp, and it won’t put out as much power. That wasn’t my question.
    Mcintosh MC2300
    Mcintosh 2105
    Integra Pre amp 9.8
    Pro-ject Record Player
    Sony 200 disc CD Changer
    Basic Wiring
    60" Samsung Series 8
    SDA-1.2TL
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited February 2020
    j05fw13b3ljg.jpg

come to think of it: @Hermitism -- do 'we' need an 'all receivers are common ground' badge/emoji/expression/reaction thingy?

Just musing.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    come to think of it: @Hermitism -- do 'we' need an 'all receivers are common ground' badge/emoji/expression/reaction thingy?
    You might not be able to tell, but that's a picture of Russ laying on the "ground". See what I did there?

5uash3iz1qr8.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    You know -- I just thought of a workaround for this
    5uash3iz1qr8.jpg
    issue.

Mono receivers. I guess this could get a little complicated for, umm, 9.4.2.1 systems or whatever, but it would let one have one's receiver cake and eat it too (metaphorically speaking, of course).

o26r2dis4jea.png
    m6tud163i0d6.png

Y'all may or may not know this, but harman/kardon commercialized the first hifi receiver (in 1953, the one shown above)... harman/kardon also produced the first stereo hifi receiver (1958). This was before the FCC approved FM MPX stereo system we (still) have today -- 'stereo' radio was achieved, in those halcyon days, by AM-FM simulcast stereo (one channel on AM, the other on FM) -- thus the dual tuners on the TA230 receiver (and other early stereo receivers).

xeisqxso1xfx.png