Is vr3 still around?

If I could get some help on building up my RT800’s crossover I’ll pay .:)

Best Answers

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Answer ✓
    Hello, kennyj and good evening to you. yes, he is still around but has recently had some life changes (all good) that affects VR3Mods. IIRC, his website has been pulled and he is no longer doing any type of work on crossover upgrades.

Time will tell whether or not he starts back up but right now, he has bigger and better things to keep him occupied.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Inspector 24
    Inspector 24 Posts: 1,308
    edited February 2020 Answer ✓
    Congratulations, you bit the F1Nut Toll Bait, you're officially a CP member. Rarely have I seen someone so skilled at typing so little to catch so much. I've taken lessons. He's a good teacher. Feel free to ignore him and move on. Stick around long enough and he just might do something nice for you, like he's done with the speaker demos. (That's a sideways thank you in case you missed it. ;) )

So you want to talk about audio or socio-economic issues? If you want to chat audio, have you considered calling polk to see what parts are still available? I see 800's come up on local classifieds somewhat regularly, Any used listings around you, maybe to a little parts swapping? If you want to talk the other I recommend FB. ;)
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

Answers

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Kinda weird that someone joins and asks if vr3 is still around... I mean, once you've joined, you can see that he's been on here recently, as well as made a few posts in the past couple of days. Of course, if you could figure that out, you could probably also figure out how to send a PM...
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    you could probably also figure out how to send a PM...
    It would probably end up on the Activity Wall instead!
  • kennyj
    kennyj Posts: 6
    edited February 2020
    Listen you little troll . Not every one is familiar with how things work . Kinda skid mark that wouldn’t say **** if his mouth was full of it in person ... for crying out loud I want my stereo fixed ... as far “weird”. Bahahah save the conspiracy theory pal ... you live in country that stages terrorist attracts on its self and y’all play dumb but are worried about me . Seek help bro . Maybe a little counciling for those trust issues.
    Oh yeah !! What do you know about crossovers?🤣😂👌
  • kennyj
    edited February 2020
    Thats okay . I’m sure just because you don’t like my opinion there will be ppl who( as I am ) new on a computer/on line and don’t need to be discouraged buy big mouths on a forum. Forum to HELP!! Provide knowledge and answers ... Not acuse and belittle/insult .
  • kennyj
    edited February 2020
    Oh okay awesome . I was just thinking “ I’m selling all the Polk stuff “. Lol I did call,and there trying to give me the same cross over when I was getting the impression they need beefing up or they wouldn’t fail?
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    edited February 2020
    I still think it's kind of a weird way to approach someone online, but since you're new to the internet, I guess I understand. Not trying to belittle or insult you at all, so if it felt that way, I apologize. I really did not think it was a conspiracy, however. Here's a suggestion - start a new discussion asking for help with repairing/upgrading your crossover. Are you any good at soldering?
  • Woo hoo you got a lot of attitude for coming in here asking for help! If you haven't sold your gear yet, of course they can benefit from being modified, but there is no need, not as though new ones will burn out in a month unless you do something that causes them to.
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Totally lost here...
  • Hermitism wrote: »
    deronb1 wrote: »
    Totally lost here...
    Everything is out of sequence due to Vanilla's policy to put "Accepted Answers" at the top of the page. Everything is out of order. "You're out of order! You're out of order! The whole trial is out of order! They're out of order!"

4mli6ybr2pea.jpg

😄

Really? It does that? How ridiculous. Another reason to dislike this awful bloated format.
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Entertaining thread!
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I like to help people for free with this stuff, all you have to do is cover the parts, shipping and such. With the attitude displayed here however, you would first need to pay off the National Debt, and even then I would need to think about it.

On second thought, I'll pass.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    Popcorn emoji? So I'm subscribed?
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,330
    Thanks for the vanilla explanation. I was totally lost for a minute. The thread is much more entertaining now.
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    edited February 2020
    I didn't understand why certain thread posts seemed out of order either. I remember last year, a thread I had been watching got updated and it showed that Jesse had made a new post in it, but when I viewed the thread, his post was missing. Jesse had to explain the reason to me; His post got moved to the top of the page, under the original post. It throws off the entire thread, especially when there are multiple "Accepted Answers".

Now you have to take your mouse pointer and hoover over the date under a person's username and a popup will appear giving the date and time of the individual post. That's the only way to figure out the original order of the posts. A real hassle!

Also, if you ever want to post a link in a thread to a specific post, right click on the date under the username of that specific post and select "Copy Link Location", then when you paste the link, it will send people to that exact post and not to the top of the thread page. I think I learned that one from msg.
  • VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,226
    Baaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh !!