Replacement transmitter for F/X Surround Speaker

Options
It appears that my transmitter has died. Does anyone know someplace that I can get a replacement?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    That would be through Polk's CS department, telephone 1-800-377-7655 select option 2 for parts.
    Regards, Ken
  • mysound
    Options
    UPDATE: In 2018 I sent two Polk RT300p plate amplifiers to Polk (Sound United) for repair in California. While they were being repaired I asked the technician about buying a replacement transmitter for my Polk F/X Wireless Surround. He said they were $35 but I could not afford it at the time. I called several months later to order the transmitter and they told me they did not have them anymore. I tried again last week and now they have some for sale but for $180!!! I told them I had been quoted $35 before and they emailed me back a discounted price but still way way more than $35. I am going to try to troubleshoot and repair the transmitter myself. There are plenty of YouTube videos out there about troubleshooting electronics. What can it hurt? The transmitter is not working anyway. Here is an idea for Polk (Sound United): Since there are many people out there probably in need of a replacement transmitter, why not offer it at an affordable price - like $35? There are many people out there who would like the idea of surround without wires and this system is very easy to install and is a very good idea.
  • mysound
    Options
    That should say “RT3000p” instead of RT300p.

Still no progress on my transmitter, but whatever is wrong it must have affected many of these advertised for sale on eBay. You cannot run this speaker without the transmitter working. I am due to call Polk about my plate amplifiers making a very loud hum in one and a much quieter hum in the other.