The Grammys

Options
I know this is old news,but I haven't seen any mention on this forum. I purposely stayed up to see Aerosmith. Boy do I wish I went to sleep. I was so disappointed. Steven Tyler sounded off. I mean WAY off! "Walk this Way"with Run DMC was horrible. It sounded like they were trying to yell over each other. I'm wondering this,was it just an off night,or is it time for them to ride off into the sunset??

Anyone else see/hear this?
See my profile for list of gear.

Comments

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    It’s pretty much agreed it was a complete mess. Even “Bob and Tom” were making fun of them yesterday. I also was looking forward to it, as much as I hated the whole thing with the drummer, but I turned it off before the song finished. It was sad. I saw Aerosmith in 1975 and it was totally awesome, they rocked like a motherf*#$****. Tyler’s screams really pathetic now, Joe couldn’t keep time, and Run DMC were pathetic. Yet, I’ve heard people say Aerosmith played well not that long ago. Too much poison on Grammy night? Who knows. The whole Grammy thing was a joke, starting with Lizzo yelling, “Welcome to the Grammys, b*tches!” Is that what we’ve come to?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    I saw them at a radio show sponsored event on the mezzanine level deck at the Baltimore Civic Center in 1974. There were maybe a few hundred people. As Don said, "they rocked like a motherf*#$****"....I couldn't hear properly for days.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Best part of the Areosmith gig was the HK Shooting logo on Joe's guitar. B) I bet that didn't sit well with some folks there.

They sucked and heck one of the Run DMC gang is pushing up daisies if I'm not mistaken. The big shebang before the grammys was how Areosmith wanted their drummer to try out for his job, I'm not sure what happened but they were going to use another drummer.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    I briefly came across the Grammys while channel surfing..
    I lucked out and managed to hear Smokey Robinson sing a little of "My Girl".

I opined to my room mate that 90% of the schlubs that show up on stage aren't worthy of walking in the shadow of the Old School Giants .

Sorry to hear oof Aerosmith's fall from grace. They were on an episode o. "American Pickers".
    Sal Palooza
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,329
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    The whole Grammy thing was a joke, starting with Lizzo yelling, “Welcome to the Grammys, b*tches!” Is that what we’ve come to?

Could not agree more.

And Michelle Obama “wins” a Grammy for reading her book? Really? Upon doing some research, sounds like this is a traditional way to “gift” a Grammy to people they like...

As with so many of the awards shows, the credibility level has hit rock bottom.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    dromunds wrote: »
    The whole Grammy thing was a joke, starting with Lizzo yelling, “Welcome to the Grammys, b*tches!” Is that what we’ve come to?

Could not agree more.

And Michelle Obama “wins” a Grammy for reading her book? Really? Upon doing some research, sounds like this is a traditional way to “gift” a Grammy to people they like...

As with so many of the awards shows, the credibility level has hit rock bottom.

Agreed ...

There’s no “Agree X 10” button/badge . . . Herm, whaddya say?
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • charley96
    charley96 Posts: 306
    Options
    Kenny Rogers was smart enough to know when to finally hang it up. I just wish Willy would do the same, he's done.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Best part of the Areosmith gig was the HK Shooting logo on Joe's guitar. .

Good eyes!
    Love me some HK
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    I'm the only kid on my block that has a 91.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    edited January 2020
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    I'm the only kid on my block that has a 91.

#metoo B)
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    Awards shows. I'd rather stick a fork in my eye.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I watched a lot of this years show.

There were sexy men's club shows a couple of times in this years show. I didn't think it could get more X rated than years previous but they did. Next year, I predict see thru outfits on the dancers.

I thought it was mainly AA Grammy awards for the most part. Did the rest of the worlds nationalities take last year off? I know that girl with the fluorescent green hair won a few along with her Brother, I think he was.

After the show, I you-tubed a couple of a few of that girl's songs. "Bad Guy" got her a Grammy. I liked the beat but lyrics were barely understandable. I had the lyrics beside the video to read thank G..
    https://youtu.be/DyDfgMOUjCI
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Let's take a shift to talk about some of the positives. I think it was great that Billie Eilish broke some records and I think it was well deserved. I'm a fan.
    When it comes to performances, Tyler the Creator had a great set, although I'm sure some of the crowd here won't be a fan of his music or the aggressive vocal distortion. Regardless of your opinion of the song, I think the performance was really unique and high energy. Changes the tone of his opening track, Earthquake, when it's paired with the back half of the performance.
    Gary Clark Jr. with The Roots was another huge standout. He killed it. I wish he didn't play in the big medley so his only memories of the evening were his wins and his main performance.

I do wish overall we had less performances and more awards. I would have liked to have heard from winners lone like Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper, The Chemical Brothers, Vampire Weekend, Tool, Anderson Paak, and others. I also really dislike that certain artists (Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper, The Chemical Brothers) can win 2 awards but get ZERO mention of any kind during the broadcast, but you couldn't watch a single segment without seeing Ariana Grande, who went home empty handed.

I also loved that Chappelle didn't show up even though his award was not only broadcast, but was even eluded to by Jim Gaffigan. Sometimes the no show is annoying, but it was fitting for Chappelle.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs