Any of you other old dudes have a problem with your eyeballs

drying out? If so what can be done short of soaking your head?

Comments

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    Restasis. Extremely expensive, but it's a miracle drug.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    @Hermitism you ain't kidding thems some spensive eye drops. Wonder if my HMO will give em to me for five bucks?
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Go to an ophthalmologist for a comprehensive exam.

The correct treatment is very dependent on the reason for your dry eye, and what works for one does not always work for the next.
  • afterburnt
    @Upstatemax sound advice, I will ask my doctor. If I had known my eyeballs would dry out prematurely I would not have spent all those years weeping.
  • Hermitism
    They take about 4 to 6 months before you can notice a difference. At least with most people. I used it for years. I stopped, and my eyes are slowly getting worse. There are a bunch of things an eye doctor can try. Plugs, Then there is a machine that basically sticks a needle into your holes (if they are stopped up) where the oil comes out, that is supposed to prevent your tears from drying out. They will also recommend you do eye scrubs with a towel and baby shampoo to keep the edge of your eyelids clean where the oil comes out. I found it to be torture. Also warm compresses several times a day, to soften up the oil glands. It did nothing for me.
  • afterburnt
    @Hermitism needles, scrubbing my eyes yeoooowwww! I think I might just go for a white stick and call it good!
  • Hermitism
    They never had to do the needle thing with me, clogged holes weren't my problem. My eyes just don't produce the amount of tears and oil that they used to. They could try plugs, but I said no way. They stick a rubber plug in the duct in the corner of your eye where your tears drain. They'd last ten minutes as much as I rub my eyes.
  • afterburnt
    Upstatemax wrote: »
    You could always just start with upping your weekly showers to twice a week showers...

Gotta start somewhere!

I suppose you want me to use soap too? You, my friend, are off your rocker.
  • afterburnt
    @Hermitism I emailed my doctor, I should hear from her on Monday. I hope she calls me in for an appointment I am gonna complain about my prostate again.
  • Hermitism
    I don't think eye doctors check for that.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    The brown eye ones do.
    I disabled signatures.
  • afterburnt
    Hermitism wrote: »
    I don't think eye doctors check for that.

She is my regular doctor, she will have a look and give me a referral if she sees fit. I always ask her to check my prostate when I go in there. She calls in a nurse as a witness to make sure there's no funny business. She doesn't know that I am into that sort of thing.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    I saw a film once that starts like that. There was some funky music in the background and the acting was kind of cheesy.
    I disabled signatures.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Are you drinking plenty of water?
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • afterburnt
    @steveinaz yeah, tons of it. In fact, I am dring more than usual because of my peepers. It ain't helping.
  • My urologist has big hands. I had to ask him once " Doc are you sure that's your finger "
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited January 2020
    Try Systane Ultra.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Do you sleep with a ceiling fan on?
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    you could always carry some cut onions around with you. You'll smell kinda like b.o but you'll have tears.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    How is your vision?

I had surgery on both eyes to remove deposits that were blurring my vision.

Muro 128 ointment at night is actually soothing and blurs your vision for a few minutes but you wake up great.

You can always use otc drops to replenish tears... Get the ones without preservatives. And yes drink a lot of water...
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • afterburnt
    My urologist has big hands. I had to ask him once " Doc are you sure that's your finger "

Did he have both of his hands on your shoulders?
  • afterburnt
    My urologist has big hands. I had to ask him once " Doc are you sure that's your finger "

My regular doctor is this really cute tiny little Vietnamese chick. I ask her to check my oil every time that I go in for an appointment. She has a great bedside manner in addition to the tiny fingers. She says stuff to soothe me like "you got girlfriend Viet Nam?" "you want potty" "Me love you long time" and "fifty bucks I be virgin for you". I really love that woman.
  • afterburnt
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Do you sleep with a ceiling fan on?

I don't sleep much, my demons keep me awake most of the time but when I do sleep I have the ceiling fan on but I try to keep my eyes closed but I see stuff like Cartman.

https://youtu.be/2m4dJDM9KZE

I wake up screaming in French too and I don't speak French.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    For crying out loud Bruce :D:D:D
    You're on a roll.
    I'd definitely go see an ophthalmologist and tell them what is going on.
    In the mean time keep it going you're effin killing me :D:D:D
  • afterburnt
    Willow wrote: »
    you could always carry some cut onions around with you. You'll smell kinda like b.o but you'll have tears.

I have B.O.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    afterburnt wrote: »

I have B.O.

Then you won't mind the onions
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    afterburnt wrote: »

I have B.O.

Then you won't mind the onions

And you’ll have an excuse!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer