Wow ... just wow!

Options
Called CS for a set of RDO 198s. There wasn't an option to stay on hold, and they promised to call back. They never did. I sent an email, which took about a week to hear back on. I received a follow up email indicating my tweeters were on order and they just needed my credit card to complete the transaction.
Called today to give my credit card information. I called from a land line to be sure the conversation was clear to the CS rep. I had to repeat my name and email address several times, as the rep seemed distracted and/or couldn't hear me well. I asked about the forum discount and was put on hold while he checked. After 15 minutes, it seemed to me the rep hit the "ignore" vs. "hold" button and I hung up and called again. The same rep answered immediately. I didn't bother going through the process again as it was clear this individual was unable to handle this transaction.
Thankfully there are other reliable sources for these tweeters. But I wonder why I would consider spending thousands of dollars on the Legend series when customer service is effectively non-existent.
Sad state of affairs for a speaker company whose products I've enjoyed for over 40 years.
2 Channel "Polk" Room:

Marantz PM8004 Integrated
Marantz SA8004 SACD Player
Music Hall mmf 7.3 TT with Ortofon Bronze
WiiM Mini
Schiit Bifrost with Multibit Upgrade
Polk 7B with RDO198s

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    Options
    There is no faster way to lose a customer than providing crappy customer service. Unfortunately, the current Polk still hasn't figured that out.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    Sad. Just F'n sad. I hate watching the slow demise of a company because of Corporate greed. Polk had the reputation to die for in the industry....and they threw it all away.

Taking Matt's name into the ground along with it. A once vibrant following has become embarrassed to recommend a product they believed in for decades and for what? Greed.

Well played....(not)

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Bad Polk customer service seems to be the norm now. I seem to remember reading these threads for at least a year.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    It’s like watching one of your kids making a mistake you KNOW they’re going to regret, but you’re powerless to stop them.

Damn hard to watch.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    I just read the same thing about def. Tech.'s service on a Def. tech. fan club site last night.

They're dropping a lot of followers of that brand too. :'(

Looks like the secondary market and fan sites might be the go to places.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Yes, def tech adopted the same system ss Polk recently, awful
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    Options
    To this day I don't understand putting all this money into marketing/promotions making your product look (in this case sound) better than others only to "not" put anything into your customer service. You could have a substandard product with very little fanfare, have excellent customer service and business thrives. The best product in the world will die a quick death when customer service is practically non-existent, or is very poor.

Come on Polk, listen to the people that are buying your products!!
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me