I Need to Admit Something

Options
2»

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    I have seen the Stones 5 times live, each time being like a religious experience. I hope to see them one more time before I check out.

They do put on an incredible show! B)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,189
    Options
    I was in the 8th row for the "Steel Wheels Tour" at Shea Stadium. I was first in line at the record store (remember those?) due to my number I picked out of a hat being the one they picked for first in line. Everyone in line had to reshuffle positions what a mess! Pissed me off that I could only get 8th row because the first 7 rows were for VIPs.

By the way, this was the last tour they were ever going to do and that was like 1989?
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Oops see below
  • dromunds
    Options
    Yeah I saw them on that tour in ‘89 I am pretty sure it was Steel Wheels. Really good concert
  • dromunds
    Options
    Another really good Stones album is the “ stop-sign” shaped Greatest Hits collection - of course the name escapes me at the moment
  • michaeljhsda2
    Options
    Steel Wheels tour made it to St Louis in 1989. Great concert.
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    Silk Audio MS-90-BT integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    SDA 2B TL's
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I've never listened to a Stones album. Of course I've heard a lot of songs on the radio, movies, and what not but I've never owned or listened to one through the entire way.

In my new place I'll finally have room to play with records again. Which album should I go buy?

Interesting. Well my friend, you are not alone! Since we're sharing, I also do not own any Stones albums! :smile: For shame!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    Another really good Stones album is the “ stop-sign” shaped Greatest Hits collection - of course the name escapes me at the moment

That's Through the Past, Darkly. I mentioned it earlier B)
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,064
    Options
    https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/167556/just-discovered-the-rolling-stones/p1

Here’s a similar thread I started almost 5 years ago. Since that time I’ve picked up the entire catalog of studio albums.

While there could be several correct answers to, “What is the best Stones album?”, for me it’s Sticky Fingers. While Jesse has already lauded Midnight Mile, allow me to put in a plug for Sister Morphine. On a decent system I think I could listen to that song on repeat all day long.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • michaeljhsda2
    Options
    Great album! I think you meant Moonlight Mile.
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    Silk Audio MS-90-BT integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    SDA 2B TL's
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,064
    Options
    Great album! I think you meant Moonlight Mile.

Yes. Midnight Mile is a lesser known “B” side.😩🤣

I’ve got to start doing a better job of proofreading my posts instead of just typing and hitting “Post Comment.”
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I have seen the Stones 5 times live, each time being like a religious experience. I hope to see them one more time before I check out.
    That is if they don’t check out first.... Keith Richards may still be around for the next millennium however. :p I think he and Jesse may be related.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    Options
    Saw them in 72 with Stevie Wonder when I was in college. Great show and hell of a night.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Don’t know why I just saw this.
    Steel wheels was my first ever concert. All downhill from there as far as concerts go.

First album needs to be either Aftermath or Beggars Banquet IMO.
  • Gardenstater
    Options
    For some reason I have neglected Beggars Banquet and am adding that to my top three: Sticky Fingers, Let it Bleed, Beggars.

Yep Steel Wheels was a crazy intricate erector set stage with elevators and everything. I'll never forget being in the 8th row at Shea. Top 3 concert experiences of my life.
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    The 50ft dolls for Honky Tonk were something else.
  • Gardenstater
    Options
    PS: When the HECK do we get a high res release of Sticky Fingers? What's the hold up?
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,072
    Options
    I'm sure there are new represses, are they okay?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk