FS Carver TFM-45

Options
As some of you know this amp was gone through this year. It was done by Greg Garska from the CarverMKII site. Everything was done on it to the total tune of $840.00 IIRC. New caps and other consumables, new shielded mic cables for signal lines. Bias and offset adjusted after 96 hour burn in.

Only selling because I needed a amp capable of 1 ohm loads (that I know have) for my new to me Infinity RSII. I've been trying to keep my equipment to a minimum and I can use the funds from this to buy new caps for the Infinity speakers.

Polkie price for well established and good standing members is $625 + fees and SH.

It's not a 50 lb amp so shipping should not be to bad. I'm located on Merritt Island FL for local pick up. My zip for shipping quotes is 32953.

I will be putting it on the bay for a starting price of $710.00.

Comments

• honestaquarian
    Options
    Sending an Inquiry PM
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,579
    Options
    Oh and LED lights installed.
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    Are those blue?
    Does the dimmer work for them?
    Can the color be changed?
  • CH46E
    Options
    Carlton, I'll post a video on the lamps. They dim a little with the control knob. Color not changing as far as I know.
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    I have one that doesn't work. This one will replace it if I am successful in getting my greasy grabbers on it ;)
  • CH46E
    Options
    I'd say they were more of a cool white light.
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    Does the dimmer work for them or was it disconnected?
  • CH46E
    Options
    The video I took does no justice as my phone camera adjusts for the light. Just know that it does dim and brighten but not a lot. Not like oem.
  • CH46E
    Options
    So it was March not July. My bad.
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    Shame, guilt ,judgement.
    Blah, blah ,blah :p
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    BTW the only way that you cold post a video here would be to upload it to YouTube and then post a link here.
    Been there.
    Tried that.
  • CH46E
    Options
    That was my plan. I can still do it. But like I said it does not do it justice.
  • CH46E
    Options
    I'll just say that if anyone is looking for a TFM-45 they will have a hard time finding a better example.
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, how did this amp do with the Infinity's?
    Not looking for an out here. I'm just curious as to how Carver amps do with low impedance loads. As I've never really had the chance to use them for such.
    I honestly will be using this for my back surround channel,so it ain't like this thing will be taxed at all.
  • CH46E
    edited January 2020
    Options
    With my Polk RTA 12B the amp was a dream. With the infinity it sounded great, I was only worried about damaging the amp with this low impedance. I personally threw 180 watts at the Infinity from the Carver with no problems. That is the most I have worked this amp. Before that I dont recall ever seeing the amp over 90 watts.

I just dont want to push the Carver on these infinity speakers and have a $800 paper weight. That's why I picked up the Hafler. If I blowing out , I'm only out a few $100. Not $800.

I'd say the mid range and highs were better on the Carver. Cleaner and more natural. The bass and control went to the Hafler as well as sheer volume.

And the pucker factor was less on worrying about blowing up a amp on the hafler.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,348
    Options
    CH46E wrote: »
    I'll just say that if anyone is looking for a TFM-45 they will have a hard time finding a better example.

Truth.

Greg is the best Carver tech around, and has Bob (Carver)’s full endorsement.

Buy with confidence.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• CH46E
    Options
  • Muchieman
    Muchieman Posts: 204
    Options
    Sure wish they would make those amps again. I mean why not they where great amp then still around today.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,457
    Options
    That went quick! Congrats to the new owner!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Not looking for an out here. I'm just curious as to how Carver amps do with low impedance loads. As I've never really had the chance to use them for such.
    I honestly will be using this for my back surround channel,so it ain't like this thing will be taxed at all.

Will you buy it already! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    verb wrote: »

Will you buy it already! :smile:

Shut
    Up
    YOOOOUUUUU!!
    I already am buying it
  • CH46E
    Options
    Shipped today! Very glad it went to a fellow Polkie and hope he enjoys it as much as I did.
  • Muchieman
    Options
    Nice sale bro! He got a very good deal on that Carver amp.! I sure miss those amps.
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    Patiently awaiting my new/used/refurbed TFM-45 to replace my old broken one! B)
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    This was an adventure (and NONE of it had anything to do with anything that Chris did. He is the best!)
    First the Post office shows the amp having been delivered and it wasn’t.
    Then it shows up the next day
    Then after I unboxed it and began reinstalling the rack handles-all the while exchanging messages with Chris into the late hours of the evening. I noticed the sound of something moving around inside the amp. So I had to open her up and discovered that plastic cap for the power line filter had become dislodged during shipping. I put it back in place, but there didn’t seem to be anything holding it in place. Out comes the handy dandy electrical tap to the rescue!
    She is up and running and in place in my home theater system!