Center Speaker Stand for A6

simoes
simoes Posts: 71
edited January 2020 in Speakers
I'm running an ultra short throw projector and it's placed normally where the center speaker (CSI A6) sits so I'm looking at placing the speaker on a stand. This is probably a dumb question, but how do I mount the speaker to a stand when the A6 is such a monster with no mounting screws/hardware?
Projector - Optoma CinemaX P1 | Screen - Elunevision 120" Aurora 8k Ultra Short Throw NanoEdge
Media - HTPC: 120 TB Movies, Nvidia Shield | AVR - Denon AVR-X3700H | Amp - Outlaw 5000, Outlaw 2200 x 3, Outlaw 2220 x 2
Front Spkrs - Polk Audio RTiA9 | Center Spkr - Polk Audio CSiA6 | Surround Spkrs - Polk Audio RTiA7
Rear Spkrs - Polk Audio RTiA5 | Atmos - Polk Audio RTiA1 | Sub - HSU VTF-15H MK2 x 2

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    They sell stands made for center channel speakers.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Do you have any kids or grand kids?
    I make my 3yr old grandchild hold the center channel while we watch movies. He crashes right out after the movie

Kids can be so helpful if you teach them
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • simoes
    Yes I’m aware of that, but how is the speaker secured to the stand? It doesn’t just lay on top does it?
    Projector - Optoma CinemaX P1 | Screen - Elunevision 120" Aurora 8k Ultra Short Throw NanoEdge
    Media - HTPC: 120 TB Movies, Nvidia Shield | AVR - Denon AVR-X3700H | Amp - Outlaw 5000, Outlaw 2200 x 3, Outlaw 2220 x 2
    Front Spkrs - Polk Audio RTiA9 | Center Spkr - Polk Audio CSiA6 | Surround Spkrs - Polk Audio RTiA7
    Rear Spkrs - Polk Audio RTiA5 | Atmos - Polk Audio RTiA1 | Sub - HSU VTF-15H MK2 x 2
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    simoes wrote: »
    Yes I’m aware of that, but how is the speaker secured to the stand? It doesn’t just lay on top does it?

You have to order some of this from Amazon:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity
  • Derm
    Derm Posts: 95
    edited January 2020

I think you are wanting to know “how does the speaker stay on top of the stand?”

First, the CSiA6 is a beast....I have one as well.
    Make sure you get a center channel stand that has a base big enough to support the size and weight of the A6 plus a good sized floor base for the same reason.
    Personally, I am partial to a good metal stand filled with stand for a speaker of this size.
    Most stands will have rubber isolation pads supplied and generally that is all you should need to hold it in place.
    If you feel the supplied pads aren’t “sticky” enough there are many options to get others locally at a hardware store, Amazon, etc....
    Hope this helps.
    Speakers
    Front - LsiM707, Front presence - LsiM703, Future ATMOS - VS 700LS
    Center - LsiM706c, Rear surrounds - 80 F/X LS, VS 900LS. Sub - (pair) Klipsch R-12SW
    AVR - Yamaha RX-A3010
    AMP - NAD C275BEE
    Main HT - LG 4K 75”, Sony UBXP800M2
    Bedroom HT - LG 55" 4K, Philips BDP7501 4K UHD player , Yamaha SRT-1500 sound projector, Spare room HT LG 50” plasma, Yamaha BD-671
    Office - Pioneer X-CM56, Bose iPod dock
    In Storage - 4 - RTiA9, RtiA3, CSiA6, FXiA4, Blackstone TL1

The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708

Yes
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952

I mean how do any speakers stay on stands? Very few are bolted down. If the stand is sturdy and heavy it will be fine. For a little something extra put blu tak or double sided mounting tape between the speakers and the stand...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • simoes
    rooftop59 wrote: »

I mean how do any speakers stay on stands? Very few are bolted down. If the stand is sturdy and heavy it will be fine. For a little something extra put blu tak or double sided mounting tape between the speakers and the stand...

I've always placed the center speaker on a cabinet and the only time I had bookshelf speakers (Polk RM8) they were secured to the metal stand with mounts. The A6 is a monster speaker and the center stands I've seen have tiny top plates. I have kids and they knock everything over, so I'm surprised that these monster speakers just sit loosely on a tiny stand.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I have 4 kids ages 5-11, always had monitors on stands, never had one knocked over...the VTI center channel stand is 11x8. Fill it with kitty litter and put blu tak on the bottom of the speakers and I really don't think it will tip easily...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited January 2020
    rooftop59 wrote: »

I've always placed the center speaker on a cabinet and the only time I had bookshelf speakers (Polk RM8) they were secured to the metal stand with mounts. The A6 is a monster speaker and the center stands I've seen have tiny top plates. I have kids and they knock everything over, so I'm surprised that these monster speakers just sit loosely on a tiny stand.

Do a google search for "center channel speaker stand" there is a plethora of them out there for ALL sizes even these so called "monster" ones you think you have. They make them for much larger speakers than what you have. If you're that worried buy a sheet of sorbothane to put under the speaker https://www.isolateit.com/.

We've all had kids at one time of another, maybe they should have a "play" room to ruff house in. Mine sure knew that the TV/Theater room WAS NOT IT !!
    Post edited by pitdogg2 on