Anyone know how to stream the games for free?

Some time ago you could get games on Roku and other devices.

Comments

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Legally... Yahoo Sports app on smartphone or tablet. I don't think there are any free options for streaming on larger screens.
  • mdaudioguy
    You could also do a free trial on YouTube TV, Hulu, Sling, etc... or try an antenna, if possible.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    You could also do a free trial on YouTube TV, Hulu, Sling, etc... or try an antenna, if possible.

Anyone of those that you like? I may end up keeping it.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    You didn't specify which type of games, but I believe this site accesses several types of sports. (Including college, but who watches that bollocks?)

For NFL games, I would use it to watch any game that wasn't being broadcast locally.

http://nflstream.tv/
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    edited January 2020
    I have YouTube TV. While it has a lot of channels, I will cancel it after the LSU-Clemson game.

The interface is not well designed. The video quality is glitchy. It is not my internet or TV that is at fault. Let’s say you have 100 channels. You go to the live TV menu, scroll through each channel until you find what you want to watch. I end up on channel 70 but noticed something interesting to also surf to, let’s say channel 65 or 73. I pull up the menu, it takes me back to channel 1 not channel 70. So I have to scroll through each channel again.

Video quality. It is glitchy. Like a frame interpolation issue. Very annoying. This does not occur when I use Prime Video or Netflix. My TV’s are Sony 940E and Z9. Both experience the same issues only with YouTube TV.

Oh yes. I also have to sign back into my YouTube account every two weeks or so.

Cheers
  • mdaudioguy
    afterburnt wrote: »
    mdaudioguy wrote: »

Anyone of those that you like? I may end up keeping it.

Sorry if this is late, but I haven't really used any of them myself, although I know of plenty of people who do. My son uses YouTube TV. My nephew uses Sling. Coworkers use Hulu. None of them complain! I was just thinking you needed a quick solution to view this weekend's playoff games. I did a Hulu trial last weekend when DirecTV and Hearst were "negotiating" a new deal and it looked like one of the games would not be available. They evidently resolved their differences early in the day, so I ended up not needing it and cancelled without using it.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    edited January 2020
    Bruce - use this. Works like a champ. You have to exit out of a popup that wants you to download something each time. But then it takes you to the app and you select your game.