DCM Timeframe

RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited April 2002 in Speakers
Any thoughts on these semi-vintage bad boys?

I know they used that kick **** Phillips dome tweeter, but have never heard a pair. Reason I am asking, is I just saw some at the local pawn-o-matic for $150, in new condition.

I very briefly owned the Timewindow, and they were incredible, but utilized a much larger cab, and twice as many drivers. The Timeframe almost seems to resemble a 'time-aligned' or coherent source design, like Thiel and the old JSE Infinite Slope.....

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited April 2002
    I CAN BARELY REMEMBER THEM WHEN THEY WERE IN THE LOCAL HIFI SHOP, THOUGHT THEY WHERE "COOL" AND SOUNDED GREAT, BUT WHAT DID i KNOW BACK THEN (OR NOW?).
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • hoosier21
    edited April 2002
    BTW YOU GUYS FINDING COOL STUFF IN PAWN SHOPS SUCK, ALL EVER FIND IS WAL-MART RIGS THAT ARE F'ED UP.

IF I DO FIND SOMETHING THEY WANT EBAY PRICES PLUS BEER AND PIZZA MONEY.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2002
    Just a side note, whats up with the caps lock today brotha?

Cheers,
    Mavis Beacon
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2002
    I dunno a buck and a half seems a little high just on principle though.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • hoosier21
    edited April 2002
    AT WORK WE USE ALL CAPS (SCREWY I KNOW) AND I AM ACTUALLY WORKING IN SOME WORK WHILE CHECKING THE FORUM, AND I AM TO F'ING LAZY TO turn them off. Sorry
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

• gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited April 2002
    The Timeframes sound pretty good to me. Not nearly the level of 'windows, but not nearly the price either. If you're looking for an extra set of speakers (I always am), you should give them a good listen. I think $150 is a fair price. You might be able to get them cheaper, but not much. I know I've seen; but not heard, them for more within the last week or so. Time to listen and haggle.

Why did you get rid of your Timewindows?
    Make it Funky! :)