So what did I miss?

What happened and what went down with recent events particularly dskip?
Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Call Derek and ask him.
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    The whole thread is here, locked for comments but still open for reading: https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/189028/what-happened-to-derek-dskip/p1

No need to discuss further on the forum. Myself and likely others are open to PM's on the topic. And if you have his number he would likely be happy to discuss things directly.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Yeah that’s what I’ll have to do
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    edited December 2019
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    I emailed Skip and he explained it all.

I haven't seen @cfrizz on for the last few months. Hope she is alright.

I can see people splitting the forum for one reason or another, I just wish they would say goodbye so others don't worry about them.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    mrloren wrote: »

I can see people splitting the forum for one reason or another, I just wish they would say goodbye so others don't worry about them.

You’re right, where is Cathy? Hope she’s ok.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Cathy is lurking about. Her last visit was on Christmas Day.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    new ones comin' as the old ones go
    everything's movin' here but much too slowly
    a little bit quicker and we might have time
    to say 'how do you do?' before we get behind

https://youtu.be/v7TjA53JSxs

There's still fun to be had here; take a look! B)
    https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/189167/l800-setup-listening-impressions-tips-tricks-reviews/p1

• Joey_V
    Spoke to skip.
    I understand now.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Spoke to skip.
    I understand now.
    Well...as Dean Wormer said....out with it!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iKS0GVvoE9I

• Joey_V
    It’s all business
  • Mr. Hardy, you have now officially achieved "Rascal" grade. 😊
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    Mr. Hardy, you have now officially achieved "Rascal" grade. 😊

Does @Hermitism have a badge for that?

No matter... I won't quit 'til I achieve Rapscallion level.

B)

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    I think those grow in the wild. Good on salad.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    edited January 2020
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

B)
    Your new avatar, perhaps?

3hnjgi0bcclx.png
    msg wrote: »
    I think those grow in the wild. Good on salad.

Polk Salad Annie?
  • mhardy6647
    Hermitism wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

B)
    Your new avatar, perhaps?

more of a scalawag, I would aver.

ju9car96pztx.png

• OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,065
    Perhaps you could go for bounder (pronounced bounnndah)

oj57uibwmh0e.png
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    edited January 2020
    mrloren wrote: »

She is doing fairly well. (will not elaborate on personal stuff on here)
    Talked to her a few times recently, most likely taking a break from the chaos this place is at times.
  • mhardy6647
    OleBoot wrote: »

oj57uibwmh0e.png

Terry-Thomas :)
  • Anybody have Cathy's number ? She seems to have neglected giving it to me. I have a compulsion to call her at 2 a.m. to ask her, " Is your refrigerator running ? ".
    She doesn't smoke so "Do you have Prince Albert in a can ?" Is not applicable.
    Sal Palooza
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    OleBoot wrote: »

oj57uibwmh0e.png

1sa4t1a6034d.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    edited January 2020
    Anybody have Cathy's number ? She seems to have neglected giving it to me. I have a compulsion to call her at 2 a.m. to ask her, " Is your refrigerator running ? "

Don’t forget to wish her a happy birthday 🥳… It’s right around the corner
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Anybody have Cathy's number ? She seems to have neglected giving it to me. I have a compulsion to call her at 2 a.m. to ask her, " Is your refrigerator running ? "

Don’t forget to wish her a happy birthday 🥳… It’s right around the corner

Yep... wish her a happy 99th birthday from all of us.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    On a serious note, Joey. Did you send your 05 in for the Ultimate Upgrade?
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Joey_V
    GlennDog wrote: »
    On a serious note, Joey. Did you send your 05 in for the Ultimate Upgrade?

Not yet, no 05 thus far. Still searching