Parasound NewClassic 200 integrated amplifier review

Options
Clipdat
Clipdat Posts: 12,598
I'm happy to be able to share my latest review that was published today, of the Parasound NewClassic 200 Integrated. You can read it here on The Audio Beatnik: https://theaudiobeatnik.com/review-newclassic-200-from-parasound/

I was excited and thankful to have the opportunity to share my thoughts on it. It's performance exceeded my expectations. Highly recommended if you're in the market for an integrated right around the $1k price point.

Please enjoy the read and let me know what you think of the review. Thanks!

Comments

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Nice write up! Would love to hear it!
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Nice review Drew! Love the classic look of that piece too! :smile:

iw4o63giz425.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Great stuff as always Drew! Can’t wait to see you in some of our magazines in the future.
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    I will read your review later when I have time. I had found the Classic line in the past to be dry, lifeless and fatiquing, may be different now.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    Great write up Drew! Very B) piece of kit!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Hack journalism at its finest.....

;)
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    Well there is no comparing the Classic to the NewClassic.

Very professional and well written review.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Can’t wait to see you in some of our magazines in the future.

Hah! I think you're going to be waiting for a while. Although I am planning on leveraging my connection to Michael Fremer when the time is right. :)
  • Clipdat
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Hack journalism at its finest.....

;)

Didn't you like the part of the review where I mentioned you?
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    Who would win in a fight? Fremer or Guttenberg? I feel like Fremer would have the edge. He's smaller but Guttenberg would have a delayed reaction speed on account of being high all the time.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Guttenberg is a lover, not a fighter.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Nice review.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who took the time to read the review!

I am open to all feedback, both positive and negative. Hearing about what you liked or didn't like is what can help me learn to be a better writer.
  • joecoulson
    Options
    If I was in the market for an entry level integrated, I would purchase this one based on this review. No ****
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Thanks Joe. I think others must feel the same, as this unit is now out of stock everywhere! o:)
  • Muchieman
    Options
    Great stuff as always Drew! Can’t wait to see you in some of our magazines in the future.

What magazine?
  • joecoulson
    Options
    "our" meaning ones we all read.
    Stereophile
    TAS
    etc
  • Muchieman
    Options
    "our" meaning ones we all read.
    Stereophile
    TAS
    etc
    Thanks joecoulson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    Muchieman wrote: »

What magazine?

https://theaudiobeatnik.com/

e.g.,
    https://theaudiobeatnik.com/review-newclassic-200-from-parasound/
  • Muchieman
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Muchieman wrote: »

What magazine?

https://theaudiobeatnik.com/

e.g.,
    https://theaudiobeatnik.com/review-newclassic-200-from-parasound/

Thanks for posting up those links. That was a good read up on Ken, Go figure right here in my own backyard. Dude seems down to earth.