WTB NON working for parts Yaqin cd3 Buffer

As the title says. All I need is the board. So if you have one that is inop, I'd like to talk to ya about a price.

Thanks

Comments

• CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    edited December 2019
    I'm tired of seeing it sit inop with some killer JAN tubes in it on top of my 1/3 dead NAD amp.

I think my wife wants them gone ! 🙄🤔

nh0ezg6ffq4d.jpg
  • CH46E
    @mhardy6647 sent me the killer pair of 6SN7. Thanks Mark. these ended up sounding way better than my Sylvania and chi-fi tubes.

"""""I found a cute, and elderly, little pair of RCA-made JAN ("Joint Army-Navy") 6SN7GT tubes. Both test good on an emissions-type tester (Sencore Mighty Mite III). I will put them in the voltage amp positions of my SE 2A3 amplifier tomorrow morning & give a listen. If they sound OK, I'll pack 'em up & ship 'em out.""" From Mark.
  • CH46E
    edited December 2019
    Ok, anyone have a working one they will let go cheap?

Or maybe trade for some Audioquest products?
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited December 2019
    There's a lot of arbitrary and miscellaneous stuff here, but no Yaqin anything, I'm afraid :/

What's wrong with it (dare I ask)?
  • CH46E
    edited December 2019
    Well, when I put the Clarity caps in I think I honed out one of the holes too much to fit the lead of the cap in and now I think one caps is not making a connection. Not 100% sure. It's such a pain in the **** to take apart, but I need to check my solder joints too.

Its failure is likely 100% my fault.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    If that's what's goin' on -- and were it me -- I would cut a little piece of a resistor lead and make a pigtail to (re)connect it to the PCB print. I can get pretty MacGyver with hifi repairs, especially on PCBs, when circumstances require it. B)

• CH46E
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    If that's what's goin' on -- and were it me -- I would cut a little piece of a resistor lead and make a pigtail to (re)connect it to the PCB print. I can get pretty MacGyver with hifi repairs, especially on PCBs, when circumstances require it. B)

While I've done several crossover overhauls my soldering skills are not stellar. You offering to take a look if I ship it to you?
  • CH46E
    edited December 2019
    I really want to get this buffer going again. While I love my TFM45 I have a feeling that the buffer will really do what I'm looking for with this amp. Last time my buffer worked it was with my Parasound 2250 v2. I loved what it did.

No .... I'm not a purist and I like that amps color and change the sound from one amp to another. I really liked the sound from vintage NAD 906 I have. But that amp also needs a repair. Buts it so damn heavy with 3 seperate huge power supplies in it that shipping kinda kills the deal.