Another year winding down

Options
I'd like to take a minute to wish everyone here on CP a Happy New Year. Like the title says,we are winding down 2019. This year has certainly flown bye. 2020 is literally right around the corner.

So,what are your audio aspirations for the new year? For me,I am planning on treating my listening room. I am currently researching GIK. I told my wife about my desire to take my system up a notch with some"real " acoustic treatments. Her response was,"just get them". Very cool wife! Now,I spend my monthly stipend on audio as it is,so I was a little surprised with getting the green light for this added expense. The only stipulation,she wants a new IPad. Guess who's getting a new IPAD???

That's my story. What's yours?
Happy New Year!
Ray
See my profile for list of gear.

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Happy New Year to everyone also. Aspirations for the new year ? Hmm....maybe be less of an audio nerd and appreciate life more. One has to have priorities after all. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Indeed, not just the year, but also the decade. My, does it go faster and faster as we move along in life!

After the rocky start to 2019 with having our bathrooms totally gutted and redone, I am finally starting to get the rest of the house in order. One thing I sure miss is being able to listen to my 2 channel rig (boxed up/shrink wrapped since February :(). Once
    the finished garage is, well, finished again, the 2Bs will be allowed to sing; I can't wait for that.

A happy and prosperous New Year to all!!
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    HNY y’all!

I’ve got a bunch of crap from 2019 that I’m gonna be forced to deal with for the next several months.…

On an audio note, I’ll be exploring tons of music on Tidal & Qobuz, then (probably) buying a few CDs of the physical media I can’t live without.

I’m seriously toying with the desire to have another Rythmik F12. Two is probably all I’ll ever need! B)B) But at approximately $1500 a pop, the lower registers don’t come cheap!

Also, today IIRC is the last day the orange synergistic fuse is on sale at a buy two get one free price. I dunno, my $$ will probably be spent elsewhere. ... like maybe a LPS for the Lumin mini

Lots of irons in the fire

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Nothing on the horizon. New TV cost a bit. Will just tinker with what I have for maximum performance.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Alway have my eyes open to upgrades as far as audio goes. Bought a 2012 Goldwing in September. So I am patiently waiting for April to hit to do some more riding ,even if it means just back and fourth to work. I have two full weeks of vacation and seven Fridays off so I will figure out something. First weekend in June , the super bikes race at Road America. Great track to spectate any form of Motorsports. My wife and me have been not getting along now for two years. So I hope and pray for a better 2020. Either counciling and getting along better or a permanent change? My kids are 15-17 so if the latter happens , I hope they can understand?
    Love yours. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Sorry to hear man. Counseling did help my marriage survive and flourish.
    Either way, not a fun place to be. Prayers.
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,004
    Options
    Motorcycling is a great mental health reset button! I truely hope for a positive outcome for your situation. Marriage can be the easiest and most difficult proposition all rolled up in one. May the new year bring good things!
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    Motorcycling is a great mental health reset button! I truely hope for a positive outcome for your situation. Marriage can be the easiest and most difficult proposition all rolled up in one. May the new year bring good things!

Well said ...
    Although, biking can become a wedge in the relationship if she’s not onboard wit it

Safe riding 🏍 and Happy New Year!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,877
    Options
    As far as audio I'll not be getting anything this year unless something breaks. I will get some new outdoor speaker cables. I will need to get my daughter a new mountain bike and I might get myself a full suspension one. Little projects around the house.

Happy New Year to everyone
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hopefully going to put our house on the market this Spring and get a one story house as we don't want to have to climb stairs as we get older.

I'm also going to try to find a house with a better room for audio.

Happy New Year everyone and may it be a better year than 2019.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited December 2019
    Options
    The Reaper came for me twice this year. So, I will be glad to close the book on this year and to forget it for the most part.

Here's to a better 2020 and that goes for everyone.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • halen
    halen Posts: 677
    Options
    My audio wants for 2020 rides very heavily on the LSU OU Sooners game here in a couple hours.

halen
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    For my 2020, I will be happy to get my boy out of diapers and into preschool so I can get back to work!

Hope all you guys had a great 2019 and have a blessed and prosperous new year.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Looking forward to 2020. I had a medical issue the end of October, and took an ambulance to the hospital. After three weeks I said get these tubes out of my arm since I am leaving this place. Anyway, I just received and paid another bill. What a freaking scam the current medical system is.

Oh well, come on 2020.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Derm
    Derm Posts: 95
    Options
    Great thread.
    All the best to the many here at CP who are the source of my audio knowledge, entertainment and pain in the wallet.

This past year I have added to my collection of SACD’s and bought my first Marantz piece (CD player). I have never moved away from CD’s and always get a physical copy of anything I like.
    I will very likely spring for a dedicated SACD in the future but for now the Sony does the job.

For 2020’s audio journey I have a contractor lined up for early January to finish my entire basement.
    Part of it will be for HT and audio.
    Due to the layout I am going with ceiling speakers.
    I already have Polk VS 80F/X LS for rear presence. I am ordering VS 900 LS for rear surround and VS 700 LS upfront for Atmos.
    I am having a drop ceiling installed so I will have the extra clearance for the 900’s which are huge compared to the 80’s.
    Looking forward to a great HT sound with all of the LSiM and LS speakers in play.
    After that a decent 2 channel is on the bucket list.

A safe, prosperous and peaceful New Year and 2020 everyone.

Speakers
    Front - LsiM707, Front presence - LsiM703, Future ATMOS - VS 700LS
    Center - LsiM706c, Rear surrounds - 80 F/X LS, VS 900LS. Sub - (pair) Klipsch R-12SW
    AVR - Yamaha RX-A3010
    AMP - NAD C275BEE
    Main HT - LG 4K 75”, Sony UBXP800M2
    Bedroom HT - LG 55" 4K, Philips BDP7501 4K UHD player , Yamaha SRT-1500 sound projector, Spare room HT LG 50” plasma, Yamaha BD-671
    Office - Pioneer X-CM56, Bose iPod dock
    In Storage - 4 - RTiA9, RtiA3, CSiA6, FXiA4, Blackstone TL1

The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    I already made the most expensive audio purchase I've ever made this year. The rest of my stereo could use an upgrade to be at the same level but I think for now I'm going to focus on my car and getting into a new place to live.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    Happy New Year all. Prayers to blanket those in family crisis situations and definitely feel for anyone that is dealing with issues as such.
    No desire for anymore stereo gear at least for a while but will continue to build on my already extensive digital library. Thanks to those that helped me along the way and I do appreciate all of you. Cool forum and some great members for sure. Let's lite up the gains in 2020.and continue this winning streak! 🎩
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • charley96
    Options
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Sorry to hear man. Counseling did help my marriage survive and flourish.
    Either way, not a fun place to be. Prayers.

Best of luck to ya. I've learned as I've aged to pick and choose your battles with your mate. Sometimes a big disagreement can be over something so trivial. As my dad used to say, there's nothing more strange in this world than people. I feel so fortunate that my girlfriend an I seldem argue.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    After a Craigslist transaction tomorrow, I will be officially Polk-less for the first time in 10 years.

2020 is loaded to the hilt with projects small and large. Smallest being wooden drawer organizers, custom cot hole set, bat boxes, up to continuing a basement finishing. I’m even going to take a stab at building one of them most-feared boomsticks because it’s America and I can!

Audio wise, I’m on the hunt for a new integrated and bass. System needs a little more weight and the Peachtree just isn’t cutting it anymore.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    Options
    halen wrote: »
    My audio wants for 2020 rides very heavily on the LSU OU Sooners game here in a couple hours.

halen

Hope you didn't bet on the Sooners!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Happy New Year to all. I hope it is a great year for everyone.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    @Nightfall you have some nice speakers from that purchase that should be with you for a long time to come. Many would build an endgame from those. Takes a while to get a system to synergy.

@charley96 that wasn’t actually me. It was @Dabutcher but thanks.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    Options
    2019 is a year I hope to forget. 2020 let’s have a good one.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    Overall 2019 was good to me. Healthy family at home and no major issues.

The last few years a lot of my spending $$$ has been going to cycling. Now that I have my bike situation pretty much where I want it, I want to start directing funds back into audio.

Mainly I want to bring tubes back into my 2ch system and dive a bit deeper into vinyl.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    Happy New Year all :)

For 2020 I want to triple my SACD collection. If I buy anymore audio gear my wife might?????
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,004
    Options
    joecoulson wrote: »
    duk0ezm79wqf.jpeg

Now that is some funny stuff!
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone! I'm looking forward to another year in this World!

I'm a very lucky guy, with a wonderful family and especially an awesome partner. She tolerates my obsessive ways, and has put up with me for 33 years.

I am grateful for everything, and want for nothing (other than maybe a new CD Transport) in 2020 ;)

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,472
    Options
    Wishing everyone a Happy New Year.. Looking forward to 2020. Lost my mother in May & was able to be beside her for 10 days. It was hard. Otherwise had a good year watching 2 granddaughters grow up. Spent time off grid when possible. Broke the diet/working out thing this fall. Lost interest I guess. Dont really need anything. So I'm hoping 2020 is new beginning for all.
    Randy/Maine