Tales From the Dash Cam

Options

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    a 3d visual of your boss keeping an eye on you threw the pop up display on the windshield.
    Back in 1960, if you were stealing $40,000.00 from your boss, the only way he would know is if he saw you through your windshield from the crosswalk. :p

Still shot of Marion Crane's (Janet Leigh) POV from car in "Psycho".

dhb23b5abaee.jpg

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    This specimen was in the same lane behind me coming up fast. I sped up a little because of how fast he was coming up on me. He decided to go around me like a maniac only to immediately get in the turn lane. Like WTF was the point of that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5u8yjNDvP4
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Nightfall
    Options
    Something I've noticed is when I watch these videos from my dash cam they never seem as bad as it did when it actually happened.

• gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,754
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Something I've noticed is when I watch these videos from my dash cam they never seem as bad as it did when it actually happened.

I'm guessing the wide-angle gives the perspective of the vehicle being farther away and not as dramatic when passing close by. I've noticed that with mine unless they are right on top of me.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,513
    Options
    Agreed. In legal disclaimer speak, “Objects in video are closer than they appear.”
  • Nightfall
    Options
    Mute if you're offended. I have a sailor's mouth when it comes to idiots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRibAQCZibo

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    That was close! :o
    I would've said the exact same words. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    death defier right there
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    This specimen was in the same lane behind me coming up fast. I sped up a little because of how fast he was coming up on me. He decided to go around me like a maniac only to immediately get in the turn lane. Like WTF was the point of that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5u8yjNDvP4

Did you give the specimen the evil eye at the light? :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    Options
    Mute if you're offended. I have a sailor's mouth when it comes to idiots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRibAQCZibo

Nice tunes playing at least! :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,557
    Options
    Ok, I now have to get a dash cam.
    The new trend lately is treating stoplights like yield signs.
    tap the brakes, then blow on through.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Nightfall
    Options
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    Ok, I now have to get a dash cam.
    The new trend lately is treating stoplights like yield signs.
    tap the brakes, then blow on through.

Some insurance companies will give you a discount for having one. You could call and ask.

• Nightfall
    Options
    Why does everyone want to murder me? More tonight at 10/9C

• Nightfall
    Options

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options

I'll take a guess. Pot is legal in your state.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,648
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

I'll take a guess. Pot is legal in your state.

55tq63rgkzw9.jpg
  • Nightfall
    Options
    Good news everyone. Red lights can now be considered stop signs, even when they're not flashing. You have to stop but as soon as it's clear you're good to go through. The red Ford pick em up here will show you how it's done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMqf9DjOjCM

• Nightfall
    Options
    Had to get emissions done today. Every time I have to get this done they stall my car. If you can barely even move a car with a stick maybe you should just swallow your pride and find somebody competent in driving a manual.

This was the third time he stalled it then he goes in the exact opposite direction with slipping the clutch like mad while revving the piss out of it. Well thanks, you just put as much wear on my clutch in two seconds as I do all day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNY0fsDMs4o

• verb
    Options
    Gotta laugh bro, but sorry about your poor clutch! Idiots! :smile:
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,453
    Options
    Years ago they opened places like that in Maine. After they blew too many motors by revving them up too high-they shut em down. We dont want them in our state & they never saw any of my vehicles thank god
    Randy/Maine
  • Nightfall
    Options
    boston1450 wrote: »
    Years ago they opened places like that in Maine. After they blew too many motors by revving them up too high-they shut em down. We dont want them in our state & they never saw any of my vehicles thank god

Neither do I but no choice in the matter unless you know somebody who lives in a county that doesn't do emissions testing and you register your car to their address. Otherwise you have to show the emission passed paper when you buy your plate tags.

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,453
    Options
    I hear your pain. They started here in the southern part of the state & opened for business & as they were building new facilities in my county-thats when they shut em down. Horror stories in the media. I think the state ended up paying out because the dummies working there were foot heavy
    Randy/Maine
  • Nesmith98
    Options
    On Monday 12/2/19 this person ran the red light and came very close to slamming into me. I clearly had the green arrow that turned to yellow as I was making the turn. Even this video doesn't do it justice on how close it actually was, the windshield was kind of foggy on the inside and the outside was wet. Slow motion at the end.

Led Zeppelin and the red light runner.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ_BGzYA5mw
  • Nightfall
    Options
    Butt puckering.

• TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,002
    Options
    As a letter carrier,I am out on the streets about 5 1/2 hours a day. I see nothing but idiots all day. When I worked in the burbs,I used to see school buses blowing through red lights everyday! People are just so freakin distracted,signs,lights,mean nothing.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • verb
    Options
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    As a letter carrier,I am out on the streets about 5 1/2 hours a day. I see nothing but idiots all day. When I worked in the burbs,I used to see school buses blowing through red lights everyday! People are just so freakin distracted,signs,lights,mean nothing.

I feel for ya bro! One thing that I am grateful for when we moved close to work is that I don't have to drive nearly an hour each way on the expressway. But you're right, even in local traffic, lot's of distracted drivers out there.

@Nesmith98 thank goodness you're all right! Not to stereotype, but my guess the driver was distracted.
  • Nightfall
    Options
    Sorry, I don't know why I swear every time something happens in my car. It just comes out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXDPu17Qa2k

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    Oh you don't want to hear what comes out of my mouth when driving and someone does something stupid. Probably why I don't have a dash cam yet, I wouldn't be able to post any of my clips with audio.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    edited December 2019
    Options
    you may have Tourette syndrome LOL

We had a guy at work who had it and he would just be walking along and a LOUD
    @!#%YBI@%B@Q%IBY@$%YB@ $%M would vomit from his mouth I LMAO every time he did while I was near.
  • Nesmith98
    Options
    LOL
    I watched your video and said the exact same thing you said before you even said it.