Did anyone get the Are You Experienced SACD?

I was discussing this with someone on here it must have been a year ago by now.

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Did you pre-order from was it Music Direct?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Bruce I never ordered it at all. I do not have it.
  • Everything I listen to from Jimi on my new network player is an experience like I've never heard his music before. I played with a couple hot tribute cats and was forced to listen for detail in order to deliver it at the shows these guys had booked. I hear so much more detail in the recordings now it's crazy. Wish I had this option back then.
    I can't imagine the SACD will produce much gain but may be worth it to listen to it back and forth with my rip from the original upsampled. The tune Remember is one of my faves!. I think that is on my copy??
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited December 2019
    That was me you were discussing it with. I ordered it about a year and a half ago, but it was delayed literally about 6 or 7 times. It comes out (as far as "they" say at Acoustic Sounds), on December 27th. I will hopefully have Are You Experienced, Axis: Bold As Love and Roger Waters Amused To Death on SACD af few days after that.

I can post a review after I give it a listen. I hope it will give you an idea of what it's like.

EDIT: Nevermind, I literally just looked again and now it says on Acoustic Sounds it's coming out on January 31st. That the 7th or 8th time it's been delayed. I hope it will eventually come out.....
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Please let us know if the Dec 27 date is for real. I’d also like to see a review
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    dromunds wrote: »
    Please let us know if the Dec 27 date is for real. I’d also like to see a review

Sorry Don, I updated my post. The December 27th date has been changed to January 31st. Let’s hope that’s actually when it comes out this time. This release has been delayed about 7 or 8 times now....
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee