Medication Warning

Quick heads up.

My Wife takes a blood pressure pill called Micardis 40mg.

Apparently, the prepacked 40mg box had 80mg pills in it.

She has been taking a double dose for a few days, she has been dizzy, had some headaches and some blurry vision.

Appears she will be fine, has a Dr. visit to check things out.

We took the boxes back to the pharmacy, they gave her 1000 fuel points for the mistake.
Not sure why they did that as it was not their mistake.

Anyone taking this stuff PLEASE check the prepackaging and make sure it's what it's supposed to be.

Comments

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Scary, glad it didn't hurt her.
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    No doubt!!!

Thank God, she should be fine.

Maybe TMI but she ask me if I ever had "squiggly" lines in my vision as I take 2 blood pressure meds? I have had "floaters" as they call them when my BP is off slightly.

So, sensing her BP might be off, we checked her medication, It was double dose.

Who knows how low her BP could have dropped had we not checked. PHEW!!!!

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Good insight brother! Always have to double check.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    oldrocker wrote: »
    No doubt!!!

Thank God, she should be fine.

Maybe TMI but she ask me if I ever had "squiggly" lines in my vision as I take 2 blood pressure meds? I have had "floaters" as they call them when my BP is off slightly.

So, sensing her BP might be off, we checked her medication, It was double dose.

Who knows how low her BP could have dropped had we not checked. PHEW!!!!

Not that I am a doctor (well, not that kind, anyway!) but squiggly lines sounds like the classic presentation of so-called optic migraines (which are related to, but are not "migraine headaches"). I get them once in a while (had one last week) -- scared the snizzle outta me the first time it happened. FWIW, I do have high BP and I have long been on meds for it (and it's well controlled, thankfully) -- whether the frequency of my (or anyone else's) optic migraines is related to this... I dunno.

https://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/ocular-migraine.htm

PS FWIW this is a fair approximation of what mine usually look like... the 'effect' shown calls attention to itself by shimmering.

6p5jre8ra0sc.png

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    What you see in the photo above is what my doctor diagnosed as an "ocular vision" due to having a migraine headache that you cannot feel. This is a warning sign to take some Aleve to prevent a migraine that I can feel. The photo isn't "really" what one sees though. It's more like a kaleidoscope of sharp edged electrical colors/pulses that block your vision in certain areas of your vision. It's like a partial acid trip of what you see.

It has something to do with confusion between the eye and the nerves in the brain that translate what the eyes are telling the brain to see. An ocular vision interference, if you will.

The first one I had, I freaked out. I was watching TV and all of a sudden, I could not see one half of the TV. So I ran to the mirror. Same thing, so I tripped going up the stairs yelling to my wife, "Look at my eyes!!!! Are they dilated?"

She thought I was on drugs because I looked perfectly normal and I thought I was on some serious drugs because I could not see normal. That was when I made an appointment with the Doctor. In my case, it was brought on by my astigmatism. Even though I have 20/20 vision, I was seeing things out of focus and it was causing migraines that I could not feel. Being partially color blind added to the issue.

I went to the eye doctor and got a pair of glasses and only have these occur when I do not wear them for extended periods of time. I had a young family member that I was speaking to at a family reunion and she recognized what I was talking about. She got glasses and hers have resided too.

Might want to check into that. FWIW.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    They gave her 1000 fuel points because it's cheaper to give the points than to be a named defendant in a malpractice/wrongful death suit.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • oldrocker
    The one's I get have no color to them, just a weird line that slowly floats across my field of vision.

My Daughter fights migraines quite bit but no "floaters"...
  • oldrocker
    Jstas wrote: »
    They gave her 1000 fuel points because it's cheaper to give the points than to be a named defendant in a malpractice/wrongful death suit.

It wasn't their fault, they did not manufacture the packages they come in which are all boxed up with individual sealed pills.

On the other hand, the manufacturer from India where these were packed might want to address their FDA protocol's before someone gets hurt.

Years ago, I worked for an FDA medical manufacture and the guidelines are tough for a reason, which is how it should be.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    After a certain age most will get floaters. I have them it is not an indication about migraines, headaches or blood pressure for me. My ophthalmologist said it is just a thickening of the fluid in the eye and normal for people my age.
  • oldrocker
    My Doc told me a similar thing.

I then told my Wife, I need to start drinking again to thin down my blood.

Usually she laughs, not this time.... :(
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    A lot of truth to that^^^ That's why I drink and I have 20/15 vision and my bp is 112/76
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Floaters are a different phenomenon entirely and are very common in folks with nearsightedness... but can also be a symptom of (precursor to) more serious issues (retinal tears or detachments). Generally a few diffuse 'floaters' are inconsequential... a burst of them could be a sign of trouble brewing.

Fortunately, retinal problems usually present other symptoms (flashes).

Get retinal problems diagnosed and treated pronto. Mrs. H has had retinal detachments in both eyes but fortunately they were diagnosed & repaired quickly.