outta here

Options
2»

Comments

• mjmcg2
    Options
    I just want to know why my original account shows "banned user"
    Cripes, you go dormant for a few years and whole neighborhood goes to pieces!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,575
    Options
    mjmcg2 wrote: »

When they switched over old users who never logged in went dead...banned. when we had a mod to reach out to it could get fixed. Vanilla recently just fouled up a slew of users accounts, it has been very interesting lately to say the least.
    Welcome back even if you've been reincarnated.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    mjmcg2 wrote: »

Mike!

Wow, what a blast from the past!! How's things? How's Bob?

I assume you've heard about George's passing......

Eh, when they did a software update some time ago, we all got banned. Damn kids!!

Hope all is well with the McG clan!

BDT

I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    edited December 2019
    Options
    It’s nice to see ‘ol time Polkies resurface. . . Hope you’re not too disappointed 😬😳🧐
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,326
    edited December 2019
    Options
    https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/188667/attention-those-that-were-affected-with-user-name-changes#latest

Mjmcg, take a look at the thread above. Post in that thread and mention that you have been banned and would like your original username back. It may take up to two weeks to do so but at least you will have your old moniker back (along with your PM's).

Welcome back.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    Mike hasn't really been around for a decade and a half, now, Tom. He's probably "banned" from the original Vanilla migration.

And yeah, what everyone else said! Hey Mike, howzit goin'? How's Bob doin'?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • mjmcg2
    Options
    Eh, we're both still alive, wearing down the old grindstone.

I'm not to awfully worried about resurrecting the old ID, as long as I can roam around with this one I'm good.

Yes, unfortunately we now know of George's passing. It was a rather unpleasant discovery. One I would have rather (or actually rather not if I had any say at all) learned of through having maintained closer contact...not stumbling onto it some 4 years after the fact quite by accident.
    I feel absolutely horrible, but in seeing his words still immortalized in these threads, if I knew George at all he'd tell me not to worry about it, point out some flaw in my character, laugh and move on.

I'm sitting at work, I just wanted to acknowledge the responses I saw to my reappearance, I'll drop in again and see what ya'll been up to lately at some point.

Hopefully it's not another 10 years lol ;)