outta here

Options
mjmcg
mjmcg Posts: 102
edited July 2001 in The Clubhouse
Glad I have my own (classic) Polk enthusiast's page to administer....I'm outta here!(at least fo now)...http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/mikespolkpage2
Post edited by mjmcg on

Comments

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited July 2001
    Options
    It will grow on you, we need to keep good guys around here.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited July 2001
    Options
    what he said.
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Change is good, be open to it.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • mjmcg
    mjmcg Posts: 102
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Oh ok, but I'm not posting anything until: A) they recognize that I have been posting on the forum since close to day one, hardly qualifies me for "polkie" status and B) all the new nonsense quells. I come in for audio related, and some fun but the new forum rush to post stuff just to post doesn't interest me at all. I didn't mean for you to think I wan't coming in to read or post...I just meant I was outta here, for now...not for good.
    Agree to my terms or I start killin' hostages
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    Options
    wow... same drama different decade! :D
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Dennis Gardner
    Options
    We have lost a lot of cool audio guys over the years. Too much drama for many and as always, life changes.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    LOL. How did you find that?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    I went to the very last post in the clubhouse and there it was, begging me to bring it all the way back up to the top after 13 years. Seems like old cars and old threads are quite the same. Dust them off a bit, and some gas and they tend to fire right up.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Options
    Guess the Polk forum outlasted his Yahoo site.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • Dennis Gardner
    Options
    If I recall correctly, Mike and Bob McG were brothers from NE. Into cool stuff like hardcore Civil War reenactment. Lots of love for SDAs from them early on in the forum infancy......
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,789
    Options
    I remember Mike's site, it was an excellent SDA reference and I learned a lot from Bob. They were the original SDA mod guys.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    mjmcg wrote: »
    Oh ok, but I'm not posting anything until: A) they recognize that I have been posting on the forum since close to day one, hardly qualifies me for "polkie" status and B) all the new nonsense quells. I come in for audio related, and some fun but the new forum rush to post stuff just to post doesn't interest me at all. I didn't mean for you to think I wan't coming in to read or post...I just meant I was outta here, for now...not for good.

ummm... but you just posted that. Dang, a metaphysical conundrum. I hate it when that happens....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbHtzqCge_8

the Epimenides Paradox fun starts at about 4 minutes
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    mjmcg wrote: »

ummm... but you just posted that. Dang, a metaphysical conundrum. I hate it when that happens....

the Epimenides Paradox fun starts at about 4 minutes

Ummmm....but this thread is 13 years old, champ.

Get your glasses checked.

Who necro'ed it anyway?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • nooshinjohn
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »

Who necro'ed it anyway?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a43kowi2ncI

• halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    Options
    Wow! lol
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    halo71 wrote: »
    Wow! lol

I have waited a very long time for a set-up like that just so I could use that video. :D

• halo71
    Options
    I better never hear you complain about anyone necro'ing a post again! lol

PFB I can see doing this but not you! lol
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    congrats on hitting 4k on the post count

• halo71
    Options
    meh....

thanks
    --Gary--
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,185
    Options
    @halo71, You should be getting a badge for that too!
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    There's drama?
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    This thread is now three times longer than it first was... :D

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    nice 13grand John
  • halo71
    Options
    It got hard? lol ;)
    --Gary--
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    Options
    13,000...did you get a new badge? :D
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    13,000...did you get a new badge? :D

I don't want no stinkin' bajjez... I just want vBulliten back

• maximillian
    Options
    The badges are a wonderful way of celebrating all levels of mediocrity. Hang 'em proud!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    As some of you may know, my motto is
    Strive for mediocrity

It's my guiding principle in life, and I am pleased to say that I am making slow but steady progress towards the mean.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    The badges are an adult form of "everyone gets a trophy". Childish...yeah, but you still eat it up.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited September 2014
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    The badges are an adult form of "everyone gets a trophy". Childish...yeah, but you still eat it up.

I disabled all that c r a p as well as turned off notifications since my email box exploded when the site went live.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2