Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300 integrated amp

2»

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Whew...thank you Trey for eliminating the temptation.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Thanks too ya fook-stick, for scarfing up the deal of the year. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    Can't wait to hear it!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    edited November 2019
    Was a pleasure to meet @Gerres26. Nice and easy drive in the toaster.

Extremely clean piece of gear! Thank you

Have the tri Vista warming up now!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    Ordered a rf extender, 16 bucks so I can use the remote with the doors shut. The remote range sucks from the side.

Otherwise... Unlimited power would be my first thought, Amp isn't even sweating driving the Utopias. Insane bass control and texture.

zp786hjh7cc5.jpg
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    You're hiding that work of art behind doors? Shame on you.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    F1nut wrote: »

That was my thought as well Jesse lol.

It was a pleasure meeting @VR3. Very nice guy and smooth transaction today. I hope you enjoy the Tri Vista, I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it as time goes on and it settles into your system.
  • VR3
    haha, yes... my systems are 100% WAF friendly (and as soon to be, kid friendly!)

only thing in the room when all said and done is the utopias
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Eh, look at it this way...they will remain untouched and pristine in their new home.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    edited November 2019
    VR3 wrote: »
    haha, yes... my systems are 100% WAF friendly (and as soon to be, kid friendly!)

Ugh....
    Anyway, for a serious performance upgrade order a set of umbilical cables from http://www.revelationaudiolabs.com/
    You will not believe the improvement.....guaranteed!

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Anyway, for a serious performance upgrade order a set of umbilical cables from http://www.revelationaudiolabs.com/

Absolutely! The cables are quite good. I bought one for the Cary 98 and when I upgraded to the SLP 05 I bought an umbilical for that too… But beware!

These days Brad’s turnaround time has been slow as molasses. Not sure what’s going on over there. Like many others, I had to threaten him with a formal complaint. Next thing I know the cable shows up on my doorstep
    Even with the hassle, I’d buy his cables again. They’re that good

Congrats on the tri-vista, Trey
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • gyosa
    gyosa Posts: 675

Too funny !
    All my stuff is hidden behind closed doors as well - per the wife’s insistence ....
    They just don’t get it , do they ??
    lbe51l20x65j.jpg

Bk

Parasound A21 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Yamaha wxc-50 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

PS Audio Stellar S300 , Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

Cambridge Audio 851n - sitting in the closet , for now

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO

DAYENS AMPINO ( thanks Verb ! ) , KEiiD streamer ( this was only 60 bucks ?? ) , Polk atrium 8SDi’s - KID’s BEDROOM
  • gyosa

Jesse ...

The cables ..... WTF ? That’s my kids college fund right there ! 😩😩
    Wife makes me hide the gear ... fat chance on those cables ! Ha ha !
    😊

Bk

Ugh....

Parasound A21 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Yamaha wxc-50 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

PS Audio Stellar S300 , Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO

DAYENS AMPINO ( thanks Verb ! ) , KEiiD streamer ( this was only 60 bucks ?? ) , Polk atrium 8SDi’s - KID’s BEDROOM
  • gyosa
    But the bedroom rig and pool rig remain uncaged ....

bgdc3fxrrowj.jpeg
    bd1jfi24rum2.jpeg

• F1nut
    edited December 2019
    gyosa wrote: »
    Jesse ...

The cables ..... WTF ? That’s my kids college fund right there ! 😩😩
    Wife makes me hide the gear ... fat chance on those cables ! Ha ha !
    😊

Bk

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see anything that requires umbilical cords.

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    Not that I am ordering anything, because I'm not, but is this just for the preamp or everything? I don't see anything with powercon connectors
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Not that I am ordering anything, because I'm not, but is this just for the preamp or everything? I don't see anything with powercon connectors

Trey I believe it is just the umbilical from power supply to Pre.
  • VR3
    edited December 2019
    10 4, seems like a reasonable price. My system is about to tore down again in the near future but after the literal dust settles around here, will look I to it.

Thanks guys.

I cna say the musical fidelity is a clear winner to an improperly biased pass lab amplifier, alot of what has had me scratching my head the past few months is gone. I'll spend a week or so with the Musical fidelity and then throw the properly biased pass labs back into the mix.

Note, not that the pass labs was sounding bad, quite the opposite, but it just wasn't where I was wanting it
  • F1nut

Here ya go, https://www.audiogon.com/listings/solid-state-revelation-audio-labs-cryosilver-reference-umbilical-power-cable-kit-for-musical-fideli-2015-02-16-amplifiers-32137-palm-coast-fl

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    Ill bookmark it, pretty penny but good cables are worth it
  • @VR3 Are you using the Tri Vista dac with the new integrated? (you can't tell what is what in the cabinet with all of the equipment sideways) Has having two Tri Vista components made a difference?
    I heard once all of the Tri Vista components used together make for some serious synergy.
  • VR3
    Still early to say but I like what I'm hearing.

My dac is heavily upgraded though
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    I was always impressed with the TriVista so I can only imagine how nice it sounds with the matching DAC.
  • Do they give you an extra set of nuvistor tubes with the Tri Vistas like they used to with the NuVista stuff?
  • VR3
    The tri Vista tubes are hard wired and have a20 year life rating so they really should be good another 10 years
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    . . . pretty penny but good cables are worth it

To quote the new guy . . . RAL cables “will blo yer sack back”

Not a subtle difference in sq
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • VR3
    The ir repeater setup in 2 seconds and works perfect... Even has a blue light that lights up to show it received the signal!