Subwoofers Fait au Canada

Options
Carbo3D
Carbo3D Posts: 10
Does anyone know why so many powered subwoofers were/are made in Canada? It seems regardless of brand, “Made in Canada/Fait au Canada” is stamped on the plates. And obviously I get Canadian manufacturers like Energy and Paradigm, but Definitive Technology, Klipsch, Boston Acoustics, Polk?...it’s almost like they all came out of the same Canadian factory using the same components. It’s as if our neighbors to the north cornered the market with solid, quality cabinets and genuine craftsmanship. I’m sure most subs are now made in China, but why has Canada been the king o’ subs?

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,035
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Maybe Canadians like bass. :D

They're all about that bass.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    I don't have an answer for you. Sooorrry.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    I don't recall Canada ever being the king of subs.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

They are the king of poutine
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,035
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »

They are the king of poutine

Our little local restaurant here in town makes a pretty bitchen duck poutine.
    We're close to Canada, but not in Canada. Pretty sure of that, since most of the signs around here are in English, not French.

B)
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    Bash Amps are/were made in Ont