New house - new bar/fun room of sorts

stangman67
stangman67 Posts: 2,179
edited November 2019 in The Clubhouse
For those of you that don’t know, my career has been tumultuous lately. Moving me from Maryland to Rhode Island to northern to Virginia and finally to Norfolk all in less than a years time. Me and my wife finally purchase our new home last week. It’s a 1922 colonial house in the historic colonial place area of Norfolk. All the mechanicals are new, but still original floors and such. With that comes the most uneven floors you can imagine, but all part of the 100 year old charm.

To the point, the house has a 400ish square feet finished attack that is going to serve as a bar/media room. We are in the process of finishing the room but I’ve attached a few in progress pics. Major players are a bar with a 1/6th kegerator, retro beer fridge, my 65” Sony with LSiM 707’s, 706, my DIY 15 sub, and B&K 200.7. Need to get a high end Marantz professor to handle HT/pre purpose for the media and also serve my analog collection nicely. I won’t get to use all channels of the B&K but will eventually put some rear channels in the wall behind the couch.

jrkxl9z7dact.jpeg
ndidb5f0s2gd.jpeg
jv4k0080iazb.jpeg
dj9komhbg6jy.jpeg
2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius

Comments

• stangman67
    Lots of bar neon/flags to be hung eventually

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Nice! Congrats on the new digs. My sister and BIL are in Portsmouth. Have fun getting through the 64 tunnel :D
  • stangman67
    Haha I don’t have to, almost ever! That tunnel is a major pita, I’ve had to deal with it before

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,558
    Congratulations on your new house.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Congrats!!!!
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Super cool man! That sub looks like a monster. Did you follow a DIY plan or design it yourself?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Congrats on getting settled into a place, and the new home. The Attic looks it will be a fun place to hang out. N'joy!
  • stangman67
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Super cool man! That sub looks like a monster. Did you follow a DIY plan or design it yourself?

It is a monster! It’s a DIYsoundgroup kit build using a Dayton ho 15” driver and a bash 600watt amplifier. I’ve had a few issues with the amp cutting out but it will shake the house for sure

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    I had that flat pack with a Stereo Integrity 15”. It pounded
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Very nice! Congrats! Good to see the rig is all set up before all the boxes are emptied! I'd say your priorities are spot on! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • stangman67
    Oh it's not totally setup yet, ordered some 4s11 wire and blue jeans rca interconnects and a Marantz 7705 processor. Should do justice to the B&K and Rega TT setup

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Ooooo...what will your first Cornelius Keg contain?
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • stangman67
    I don’t know quite yet. I need to install the tower and figure out an effective way to keep the tower cold. It will be a hazy ipa if some type, I know that at least. I deploy here in a month or so so may wait until after to get the first keg. Maybe before if I can get the tower mounted and cooled effectively

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    It’s only 5 gallons...why wait. ;)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • stangman67
    Haha because I have this in the beer fridge! t7tv3v6ygmyq.jpeg
    2z17bi73q56u.jpeg

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Looking good!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    mrbiron wrote: »

Space dust
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Space dust

That's Elysian right? Local to me...
  • pitdogg2

Space dust

That's Elysian right? Local to me...

Yes. I like the name but have never tried it.
  • stangman67
    I’ve had space dust before. It’s a decent imperial ipa. Nothing too special though. I used to license in Seattle, had a party at the Elysian brewery downtown once

• monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    Congrats on the new place.
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    I dream of one day having an upstairs living space - either in the design or via a finished attic space. Congrats on the new place, it's looking good so far!
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • pitdogg2
    I dream of one day having an upstairs living space - either in the design or via a finished attic space.

HA IN TEXAS??? They'll find you all desiccated in your "sauna" I mean Attic :o:D:o

• Beautiful
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    That space looks great, congrats on the new home!
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Sweet digs! Congrats on the new home,
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    I dream of one day having an upstairs living space - either in the design or via a finished attic space.

HA IN TEXAS??? They'll find you all desiccated in your "sauna" I mean Attic :o:D:o
    Haha, I've had a few friends with houses who converted the attic. "Finished" usually means upgrading your AC or adding a second AC for that space. But it can be done!
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    What a great space Zach!!
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Congrats on the new place.
  • stangman67
    Thats for the kind words everyone! I've been longing for a place of my own for years, renting is fine but having your own hosue and being able to do whatever you want (with the wife's approval of course) is awesome.

The attic space is a game changer and one both my wife and I will enjoy immensely! Next step is getting some custom pieces done, a "Feenstra Tap House" neon sign, a new equipment rack/vinyl storage/bar shelves from a custom furniture company and then the kegerator mods/tower mounting