Greetings: Moose68Bash Here

I don't know what Vanilla has done, but it won't let me log in under my Moose68Bash moniker.

It tells me I need to reset my password. I click on the link to get email instructions for resetting my password, and then I never get an email.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Any ideas about what to do about it, short of just using this new account?

Moose68Bash
AKA "Moose68Bash" before Vanilla involuntarily decommissioned my original handle.

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Spatz1946 wrote: »
    I don't know what Vanilla has done, but it won't let me log in under my Moose68Bash moniker.

It tells me I need to reset my password. I click on the link to get email instructions for resetting my password, and then I never get an email.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Any ideas about what to do about it, short of just using this new account?

Moose68Bash

Hey Moose - Check your spam folder. My email went there. Hope this helps.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • @verb,

Thanks.

Will do.

AKA "Moose68Bash" before Vanilla involuntarily decommissioned my original handle.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    Spatz is a pretty solid name though!

The forum has gone rogue
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • @verb,

Unfortunately, there was no relevant email in my spam folder.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    edited November 2019
    The reset account email message comes from email address webdev@polkaudio.com for those who still have access to their original account signup email account. Adding that to the safe domain may help.

I used the forgotten password function to get my message.

This problem also seems to affect Polk's online store. In that case I tried using my old password earlier today and found it no longer existed on their system, nor could I get an email response using the forgotten password function.
  • @VR3,

Who cares about the name!

I hope you recognize the photo. B)
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    Looks like ammunition for auditory defensive measures if I had to guess!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3 wrote: »
    Looks like ammunition for auditory defensive measures if I had to guess!

Cute -- but not cogent!
  • Emlyn wrote: »
    The reset account email message comes from email address webdev@polkaudio.com for those who still have access to their original account signup email account. Adding that to the safe domain may help.

I used the forgotten password function to get my message.

This problem also seems to affect Polk's online store. In that case I tried using my old password earlier today and found it no longer existed on their system, nor could I get an email response using the forgotten password function.

After a couple of attempts to get the email response, I tried the forgotten password function and got no response.

Thanks.
  • Just read @F1nut 's thread about this problem.

Wonderful.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926

jp2cshp0tglr.png

Good luck, Spazz, umm, I mean Spatz!

B)
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    Just read @F1nut 's thread about this problem.

Wonderful.
    You should put your original screen name in your signature so people know who you are, so they don't think you are a new member.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Just read @F1nut 's thread about this problem.

Wonderful.
    You should put your original screen name in your signature so people know who you are, so they don't think you are a new member.

Excellent idea!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    edited November 2019
    msg has signatures disabled. He'll still be lost.

Spatz1946, you still need 100 posts to use the flea market!
  • Stonecutter
    Stonecutter Posts: 35
    edited November 2019
  • Hermitism wrote: »
    msg has signatures disabled. He'll still be lost.

Spatz1946, you still need 100 posts to use the flea market!

Don't need any fleas no how!
  • mhardy6647
    sometimes... one has fleas to sell.

• mhardy6647 wrote: »

Nope!

Only cooties!

$0.25/dozen + $85,000 postage to northern NH.

:)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Nope!

Only cooties!

well... special handling is required.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    edited November 2019
    I always liked the flea circus....on the flying trapeze.

I guess I do not understand if you had to start new why can you not use you old name? Is it picking your handle for you?
  • pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I always liked the flea circus....on the flying trapeze.

I guess I do not understand if you had to start new why can you not use you old name? Is it picking your handle for you?

It didn't pick a handle for me, but it would not let me use the old handle simply because it wouldn't let me give the old handle a new password.

Perhaps, somebody wiser than I in the niceties of Vanilla could have figured out a way to use the old handle, but this bit of esoteric knowledge, if it exists at all, is way beyond my ken.

The logic probably runs something like this:

I can't use Moose68Bash unless I give it a new password.
    It won't allow me to give it a new password.
    Therefore, I can't use Moose68Bash anymore.

Is that a form of modus ponens or something of that sort?
  • mhardy6647
    edited November 2019
    [...

I believe it is what Joseph Heller referred to as a

zn3strvjd7ht.png
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Nope!

Only cooties!

well... special handling is required.

In this weather, each one has to be specially outfitted in a mink coat!
    [...

I believe it is what Joseph Heller referred to as a

zn3strvjd7ht.png

Indeed!
  • Spatz1946
    Spatz1946 Posts: 29
    edited November 2019
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    well switch it up mooseballs69
    LMAO

No, thanks.
  • mhardy6647
    is Moosylvania taken?

0di5sdw1mhyj.png

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    edited November 2019
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    well switch it up mooseballs69
    LMAO

No, thanks.

Well that was just of the top of my head. I'll admit it may need tweaked a bit.

Check this out if you haven't seen it already.

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/188667/attention-those-that-were-affected-with-user-name-changes#latest