Rotel RB-1590 for RTi12's?

What do you all think of this amp/speaker combo? I may upgrade speakers down the line but will likely use the RTi12's for a while yet.
KEF Q150 | Rythmik F12 | Yamaha Aventage RX-A780

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    It is a beast of an amp and will power the 12's no problem. My only thought is that you seem set up for HT. I would feel your csi5 might be lacking some punch which could affect the front sound stage.
  • BjornB17
    BjornB17 Posts: 752
    edited November 2019
    Willow wrote: »
    It is a beast of an amp and will power the 12's no problem. My only thought is that you seem set up for HT. I would feel your csi5 might be lacking some punch which could affect the front sound stage.

It's kind of dual purpose. It is a 7.2.4 setup, but the RX-A3080 is also a great stereo pre-amp with balanced XLR outs for the front two stereo speakers. I probably use the system for 75% 2-channel music these days.

I run the 12's full range and they need more juice than the rest which are crossed over at 80 Hz. Also the Rotel is one of the very few amps I can find that will fit perfectly in my media cabinet (Corridor 8173) since it is more box shaped and not as long as Emotiva, Parasound, etc.
    KEF Q150 | Rythmik F12 | Yamaha Aventage RX-A780
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    You will definitely notice an improvement. That being said you mentioned lots of 2ch and the Rtis are not the best for music. Not saying they are not good, just they were designed for HT. But by all means, grab that amp if you can get a good deal and it will work with pretty much any speaker you mate it with for a long time.