New in ceiling Surrounds

So we had some work done on the house this weekend (new carpet) and one of the changes we wanted was to redo the storage cabinets behind seating. But with that removal I had two options, mount the definitive SM350’s on wall mounts or:

4yxgxxqeipu8.jpeg
634cy39ixmq9.jpeg
a7uxl123kq6e.jpeg

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    I am surprised you didn't go with the surround version given your room

Looks sleak! Time to do the center!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    lw1hbnaendc2.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Looks good, but what about the fish tank? 🙁
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Trey I got a stupid deal on the these vs what they wanted for that one. Basically 1/3 of the price.

Jody, I have a cabinet being made currently to house the records and what not with a higher top to act as the stand for the tank
    Will post pics when painted.
  • VR3
    Yeah, i forget what I paid for mine, believe it was like 200 each or so, I really enjoy them... My entire ht is definitive in ceiling, love it
  • joecoulson
    If I had another room, I would go that route. But do like having the Elacs as mains. I am going to keep the SM350’s though. Ugh. I have too much extra gear.
  • joecoulson
    Just an update - these things sound so much better than the bookies they replaced - which were good speakers in their own right. The mid bass is very impressive for an in-ceiling speaker and Audyssey had them crossed over at 60hz - pretty low for a smaller speaker.
    Overall - these are great and should I ever move the 2ch out of the living room, I will be getting the full 7.1 of these.
  • VR3
    Glad to hear you like them...I've been super impressed

Whenever you want to get your hands dirty, easy into to mod, a hundy and two hours
  • joecoulson
    Nah. Was enough just getting them up there lol.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    Beautiful.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!