Presenting: The wall of Dali

afterburnt
afterburnt Posts: 7,892
edited November 2019 in The Clubhouse
Got some adjustments to make and few more to hang but isn't it exquisitely disturbing so far?2aydaadew3ev.jpg

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    You need to seek professional help... :p;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • afterburnt
    You need to seek professional help... :p;)

Yeah, I probably should have hired an interior devastator.
  • afterburnt
    These are for the gaming roomh4vgr7rz8vx6.jpg
  • Dr_Wu
    Dr_Wu Posts: 305
    If you're a fan of Dali, don't pass up any chance to see the collection at the Dali Museum in St. Petersburg, FL.
  • afterburnt
    Too bad it's not near Dayton
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    That thermometer is an eye sore. Throw it in a hot skillet for a few seconds to give it some character.
  • afterburnt
    rpf65 wrote: »
    That thermometer is an eye sore. Throw it in a hot skillet for a few seconds to give it some character.

It's there for remote viewing only
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    I see you've got Escher's Stairs at your place, too.
    I disabled signatures.
  • afterburnt
    msg wrote: »

No, those are my stairs
  • Dr_Wu
    Dr_Wu Posts: 305
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Too bad it's not near Dayton

This collection actually used to be housed in Cleveland. Then, in the early 80s maybe, St. Pete threw a bunch of money at the collector to bring it down there and put it in a fancy new home. It is a stunning collection.

• msg
    msg wrote: »
    No, those are my stairs
    Yeah, but you stole 'em from Escher. He's a vengeful little #%&*. Just wait til you have a bathroom emergency and have to use those stairs in the middle of the night.

St. Pete Afterburnt.
    I disabled signatures.
  • I see you've got Escher's Stairs at your place, too.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    I went to the Dali museum a few years ago.
    I had the privilege to see the Disney/Dali short film.
    They pulled it out to show the public.
    You can see it online now, but at the time it had been under
    wraps for years. Weird at many levels.
    google it!
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    I went to the Dali museum a few years ago.
    I had the privilege to see the Disney/Dali short film.
    They pulled it out to show the public.
    You can see it online now, but at the time it had been under
    wraps for years. Weird at many levels.
    google it!
    Thanks, sucks. Never knew about this film. Very cool.
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    That's quite the eclectic collection you have there.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • afterburnt
    I got about ten more that need to go up
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    I've gotta say... a Wall of Dahl would be way cooler, at least in terms of nomenclature.

:|

6mgd9upxa02o.png
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I've gotta say... a Wall of Dahl would be way cooler, at least in terms of nomenclature.

Well, I must say: "That was....*AHEM*....unexpected."
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    BFG was my fav book as a kid

I too have been to the Dali Museum in St Pete, and if you are a fan, it is mind blowing to see how big most of those pieces are. He was a genius.
  • afterburnt

6mgd9upxa02o.png

Isn't that like lentils or something?
  • afterburnt
    qx2dkyn52szf.jpg
    Wonder what it would cost to get the bedroom bone like this?
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Viking64 wrote: »

Well, I must say: "That was....*AHEM*....interesting."
    fixed that for you. :|

cusj29q4o4j7.png

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Viking64 wrote: »

Well, I must say: "That was....*AHEM*....interesting."
    fixed that for you. :|

Roald Dahl's Tales of the Interesting? :o
  • afterburnt
    The wall is coming along nicely I got about six more to go upw6xzhyoxj6iy.jpg
  • afterburnt
    edited December 2019
    58m7w6a933mf.jpg
    I think i need a wall of Bob's too
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    qx2dkyn52szf.jpg
    Wonder what it would cost to get the bedroom bone like this?

I’m sure you meant to say
    “Wonder what it would cost to get the bedroom done like this?”

Because with a bedroom like that, in my best best Yoda voice “bone you will not” ...find that girl
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Correction
    " Bone should you not....when find that girl" ....
    In my best not yoda voice...
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    The wall is coming along nicely I got about six more to go upw6xzhyoxj6iy.jpg

Looking good Burnt! If you need a level, I can loan you one! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • msg
    It's like some jazz, Dave - might seem disorganized but there's math at work there that makes sense.

Me, I appreciate the artist's use of a real clock and various stick-on wall plates for homey realism. You can almost smell the home and dweller, but in the end are lucky you can't.
    I disabled signatures.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    58m7w6a933mf.jpg
    I think i need a wall of Bob's too

Perfect for the front yard! :smile:
    nq4r5reim3mv.png
    https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/clt/d/big-boy-lifesize-statue/7032617520.html
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.