Monitor 10 crossover help!

If anyone remembers, (or Maybe there’s a post history function on here) I picked up a pair of monitor 10s at a thrift store a couple weeks ago. One tweeter was inoperable, but still functioned on the other speaker. I was told to reCAP and thats what I planned to do. So, today I did my first reCAP job (see pics below) and guess what! The tweeter still doesn’t work. ☹️ I need some help troubleshooting this thing please. I’m just not sure what to look for. 592e9md9j0yz.jpeg
uw0vpewzmeu5.jpeg
1zjlcnuq9190.jpeg
pvhcbzmzi7uo.jpeg
0u3lep3q9jve.jpeg

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Did you check continuity across the fuses circuit? Also, it looks like the fuse is seeing all the signal, not just the HP for the tweeter. There should be a common ground, and the positive should split for the high and low pass circuits.
  • FestYboy wrote: »
    Did you check continuity across the fuses circuit? Also, it looks like the fuse is seeing all the signal, not just the HP for the tweeter. There should be a common ground, and the positive should split for the high and low pass circuits.
    I did my best to put it back as it came apart. Tested the fuse circuit and there is no continuity between the two sides. Maybe that’s part of the problem?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited November 2019
  • pitdogg2
    yuck_fes wrote: »
    FestYboy wrote: »
    I did my best to put it back as it came apart. Tested the fuse circuit and there is no continuity between the two sides. Maybe that’s part of the problem?

BINGO YES
  • pitdogg2 wrote: »
    yuck_fes wrote: »
    FestYboy wrote: »

BINGO YES
    Ok, so where do I search from here? Can I take the fuse terminals out and kind of dissect from there? Or?
  • I have continuity between both fuse terminals and the crossover board, but no continuity between the terminals themselves. Much confusion...where to go from here?
  • Welp, found the problem...fuse terminals were muffed up! Wires coming off were green and fuzzy with corrosion. Bypassed fuse and BOOM. Tweeter is workin. Thanks all for the help!
  • pitdogg2
    That is very common.
  • F1NUT has warned about this very scenario.